View Single Post
Old 28th March 2018, 12:54

Leadfoot is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiz2001 View Post
A little further away then!

I’m pretty sure I’d be refuelling after 50 miles haha! I’ve put a MG6 1.8 turbo engine in, needs a good test this year with the whole setup. I’ll get some pictures over the coming weeks. Do you plan on keeping the 1.6?

The PG1 is a much better box too, easy mod with cheap MG TF parts.

Alex
Hi Alex,
Interesting engine choice, basically an updated K-Series, so no major drama in fitting?

I think there may be a little seeping on the gearbox seal so if I do have to take the gearbox off, I might just put the PG1 in instead. Like you said, cheap enough…

As far as the engine is concerned, I’ll wait for the whole potential emissions proposals thing to blow over before thinking about changing it out. Besides, I think I need to get some enjoyment out of the car as I have done nothing other than rebuilding.
As much as I’d like 300BHP monster, I think an extra 20-40BHP over standard will be enough for the fun factor.
I have looked into standalone ECU’s, new Piper cams, vernier cams, mapping and even done some research on adding a turbo but that will be “Phase 2” work which I’ll do over next winter.

Leon