Thread: IVA Application
View Single Post
Old 30th August 2015, 17:28
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Registration Forms turned up yesterday. Most of it is pretty straight forward and I found some online advice for a slightly older version here:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index....vla-form-v555/

The one question I'm unsure on is the Tax Class to use, The guidance with the form says PLG before 2001 or Petrol after 2001. I've entered the first reg date as the date on the IVA form but want to pay tax as for a pre-2001 car.

I'm tempted to leave this field blank and include a note in the covering letter. Can anyone who's recently registered a car tell me what they put in this field to successfully get an age related plate and pay the old tax bands?

Also, for the built up vehicle form I've claimed
Chassis - marlin VIN - New
Axles (both) - No ID - From E36 Donor
Transmission - No ID - From a different E46 Donor
Steering Assembly - No ID - From E36 Donor
Engine - Engine # - From E36 Donor
Suspension (front and back) - no ID - New

I bought my gearbox from Peter but the source is unknown. My spare (identical) gearbox is from a known E46 coupe so I'll reg it with that. I can't claim front and rear suspension from the donor but think I can on the axles if you assume the stub axles on the front. Steering is a bit iffy as the column is from the donor but the rack is not. Have others done similar or been more/less economical with the truth?

thanks
Ian
Personally, I wouldn't confuse the issue by saying your gearbox is from a different car. Your axles are definitely from your donor car and surely your rear suspension is as well?