View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 17:59

trev dunn is on a distinguished road
Default at last got some pics posted

Many many thanks to Paul for posting the pics for me I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to pc's
The first pic is indeed when I picked the car up from Chris. Dan did the initial build to the stage that I could drive it home to Bolton no problems and plenty of thumbs up along the way and at the service areas including a couple of very appreciative traffic cops. The build up initially continued in my garage, I have had a few classics in my time which I have renovated, but when my mate Wilf saw my efforts he said it was a load of s--t and suggested I take it down to his body shop to a spare bay that he had. I have pics of the build up at his place (W&M Autos Bolton) if any one is interested. Getting the caps even was time consuming as was splitting the wheel arches to bring in back/bottom of the bonnet in line. The leading edge of the doors and back end of the bonnet also had to be played with. Since I am now retired I was going down to the garage 2 to 3 days a week under the supervision of my mate and his son who took great pleasure in knocking me back if things won't up to their standard. They know how pedantic I am.
So after 14 months I'm adding the finishing touches, just when i was diagnosed with the throat cancer, I have had 3 lots on chemo now and thankfully I feel good, every time I go into my garage I have the inspiration to get on with things so I can really use the car to its full potential. The chemo will go through to September but as long as I feel ok I will be going to shows and using the car every chance I get.
Steve, yes the hole is the original key hole, the auto electrician next door to my mate checked out the central locking it works with the key in the lock but when he opened up the key there was no chip in the actual key case, he is trying to get the correct chip so that he can get the central locking working using either the key or the alarm fob-watch this space, I will always have the fall back of the key hole which I will civer with a removable cover if things go ok.
If Paul is prepared to assist in posting more pics I will send him some more of the build up and under bonnet / under the car (2 months cleaning /derusting/ waxolying)
Thanks to all you guys for the positive comments hope to meet up with some of you soon.
Here endeth the sermon
Trev.