View Single Post
Old 17th December 2017, 08:19
scimjim's Avatar
scimjim scimjim is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 247
scimjim is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman View Post
Originally Posted by retro200 View Post
hi nick it shouldnt need iva as long as you dont alter the chassis and get the 8 points needed for the rest of the car mine didnt its a body swap, just re-register it as a radically altered vehicle, fill the forms in and send plenty pics of the build there was no charge when i did mine i sent a cheque for 55 and they sent it back with the new v5 you can even do it now before you finish it , andy mcmillan did his this way , regards, mick.
On reading the document in the link it would seem that it's NOT a radically altered vehicle, but is a KIT CONVERTED vehicle. It all seems very confusing, as reading the radically altered it seems a new (to original spec) chassis could be used, so (for instance) an MGB could possibly retain its original reg number with a new heritage monocoque, however there is a specific category of rebuilt classic car, which indicates it would get a Q reg. Typical DVSA confusion?
The Heritage shells come under “Rebuilt Vehicles” that already have type approval and are using a chassis/bodyshell to original spec. It’s the same form for all of them anyway.
Reply With Quote