View Single Post
Old 24th September 2014, 22:21
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
Ah, so not really a 'EWS delete' service, more a transplant of a matched set of DME, EWS and key. Which is what Tim(bo) did in his installation in his Sportster.
Not sure if you were following all the discussion at the time but Tim could run and drive his car fine but after about 50 starts the DME decides to lockout the EWS start function. I came up with a theory that adding an Instrument binnacle would possibly fool the DME it was in a complete car. Tim tried it out but it didn't solve the problem so he had to resort to buying new matched sets of DME, EWS and keys.

I suggest you have a chat your guy about this issue to see if has a way of bypassing this issues. Hopefully he is aware and has a solution.

...peter

But then after a bit of googling I found this company.....
http://www.rmsonlinestore.com/BMW-Un...-Bypass_c7.htm
but check out those prices!!
RMS are only offering a "Virginised ECU" - its not really unlocking the ECU, but allows it to be resynced with the EWS.
I have found no one else offering to alter the software to allow it to run totally normally outside the mother chassis, and prepared to show a running engine demonstration, so I will only be convinced when I see it working.

This guy reckons EWS delete is a bit of a myth.
It is the CAN communication to the binnacle and the rest of the car loom, the ABS, and a few other issues which cause the need to re-programme the ECU.
He says the EWS can readily be retained, which strikes me as a positive.

From what this guy also says Tim's set up was doomed to fail because the ECU has not had the right parts of the software removed. But I'm only repeating what I've been told. But if he can run an M54 I'm sure he will be able to run an M52TU.

The proof will be when we see the video - or not!

Only 3 working days to wait............