View Single Post
Old 15th April 2013, 19:09

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Smile Some positives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike55 View Post
Obligatory ridiculous image of newly delivered G46 from Dorset.

Now the fun begins -- after I stop sobbing over what they've done to my Scimitar...

Thanks to Lancelot Link and Mikmiglia for concept and basic body.

Huge thanks to Chris Welch at Tribute Automotive for recovery of vehicle to their base last November and for arranging the VOSA inspection yesterday and the same day recovery of the vehicle to Watford by Andy and Jordan.
Nike, I saw the cut up body down in poole before Gaz took over and got your body made. I took some photos and it gave me lots of reference on where to cut and how to progress my build. I have the same early se5 so the heater dash area was key. Huge thankyou from me.

You are futher ahead than you think, here is a few pluses

A VOSA inspection completed so once less hoop to jump through.

The bonnet has been strengthened for the flip lid and dropping or removing the servo will let it shut fully.

The headlights have not been cut out so you can position them forwards and cut out to the side ot to your liking.

The body is mounted on the chasis so no aligning to do (unless it is not cetred on the wheel arches)

The scimitar wiring is well colour coded and easy to reuse, especially if you are thinking of keeping the same dials and guages. ( all 40 year old dials have a little surface rust on the ouside from the condensation that forms inside a fibreglass car over the winter. A little rub and polish will have them like new.)

My doors are also too big for the opening. I suspect the moulding is off another vehicle and GWA's build has some idea on how modify the SE hinges.

The scimitar racing guys replace the drivers floor with a flat sheet, like andrew hush to save weight and enable the seat to be fastered to the chasis not the fibreglass.

You still have a sound donor, other than the engine all still intack and working?

Now it is at your home, you like me can have hours of fun planning how you are going to finish it.

I also have some round tube and a large pipe bender I am going to use for the rear body support and plan to attach it the scimitar roll over points behing the doors, rather than the fibreglass body it is configured for.

Personally I like the large stainless tank, but would like to raise the rear body between the humps to give more boot space.

Nike, Enjoy your build.
I will enjoy watching you progress.

HM