View Single Post
Old 4th January 2014, 17:12

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Picked up the new side repeaters from Hendy Ford. Apparently they had had then for a few days but didn't bother to contact me as they knew I would turn up for them sooner or later. Top customer (dis)service.

Anyway, first place the new units

Then drill a hole to take the push fit units. Does anyone know how I managed to drill a triangular hole?

Make sure the units are a tight fit as there are no clips holding them in place. The BMW units had little metal spring clips but it appears Ford don't bother.
Beneath the black tape is a piece of packing tape reversed to give a smooth surface over the hole left by the old light unit.

Fill the hile behind the tape with body filler and some metal gauze

And when you remove the tape the body filler is almost flush with the outside surface ready for sanding

Quick whizz over witht he electric mini sander and it is all as smooth as you like

Used a bit of spare metal gauze and filler to replace the broken tab on the front wing where it bolts to the car. Not sure this will last but it is better than the 'nothing' that was there before and easier than getting all glassed up for such a small thing.

No pictures of the wings fitted as it is dark and raining but I think they look better than the first lot I fitted. Nice and small. Funily enough I was walking out of the Ford garage when I spotted that Fiat 500 has even smaller and slightly oval clear side repeaters.