Thread: #47 Spyder
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2014, 20:22

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

Thanks to you all about these nice compliments. Today I put the icing on the cake, so to speak. Finally I could see how my dash turned out with all the dials and switches I collected in the past years. I think it worked well and contributes to the illusion of a 50's racing car. But decide for yourselve.

[IMG][/IMG]

The tacho (Jaguar D-type style) has been given a modern electronic unit. The speedo is of a BSA motor bike. It has been recalibrated exactly to my car. There is also a dashlamp to light the instruments.

[IMG][/IMG]

Here you can see the little panel for the key and three control lights (alternator, high beam and oil pressure). It's from an old agricultural vehicle. Just like the chrome choke.
I put two stalks at the dash for turning signals and the other for the overdrive. There are two lights underneath the tacho showing if they are in use.

[IMG][/IMG]

On the right side I have a starter button, a button for the horn and a lightning switch. Again from an old Englisch motorcycle. I have three toggle switches. One for high beam, one for overruling the thermostat switch that starts the electric fan and one for turning of the dash lamp, Far right (doesn't show on the picture) I have a cut off switch for the electrics.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by christinedmc; 14th June 2014 at 20:24..