View Single Post
Old 24th April 2017, 18:28

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Not the greatest of pictures , but the light was fading when I took it ...an afternoon yesterday and a morning today on the doors and I now have internal framing I am happy with .....I still need to mount the hinge plates , but the tubework is mapped out ...these are patterns made by cutting and shutting tube that will be given to the tube benders to make nicer versions of them using these doors as the jig - I ( Glan ) will make some new doors for this body .

The hinge plates will be 3mm plate and will enable the builder to either bolt through or tap a thread into them on final fit ..

The tube frame goes pretty much around the perimeter of the inner door , has a bottom section giving strength to the bottom edges of the doors , a front edge to brace the hinge area and a small triangulation at the rear tying the bottom to the latch plate and bracing ....a diagonal brace adds a bit of rigidity but is mostly for looks ...

I also added the steering column mount to the frame and can confidently say that with a small mod to the upper column , the stock column can be used without having to extend it ....