View Single Post
Old 14th March 2015, 06:34

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Micky1Mo - I hadn't realised those rear lights combined stop, tail, reflector & number plate light.

Especially as the number plate light feature is such a good way to "de-clutter" the rear end.

Unfortunately, it would require a lot of extra work for me to switch to this design at this stage.

As my reflectors have to double up as fog lights, due to my donor car being so "young" (post 01/04/80).

Plus I've only just finished all the extra work required to sort out a number plate light.

Did you find a buyer for this car in the end?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Busy Weekend Ahead:
I've got a lot of "non car" stuff to do today and it's Mother's Day tomorrow, so I will struggle for "play" time.

However, while I wait for the scuttle mould to fully set I've been thinking about how I will fix the rear bonnet edge.

Currently I have simply left some thick cardboard on top of the radiator cap to ensure the bonnet doesn't hit it.
( Note: This photo was taken after I chopped the driver's wing off. )

But it dawned on me that the real question is whether this is a big enough gap?

How much space should there be between the cap & the bonnet?

Would I just need to add some heat reflective material to the underside of the bonnet to protect the paint on the sunny side?

A bit like the stuff Scottie lined the inside of his gear box tunnel cover with.

Finally after spending a bit more time looking at this photo with fresh eyes...

It is pretty clear that it is the top edge of the plinth that is wrong, sloping upwards right to left as you look at the photo.

The sad thing is that I actually use a spirit level to help me keep the tape level with the top edge of the plinth.

The good news is that a bit of sanding / filing should sort that out.

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 14th March 2015 at 09:48.. Reason: Typo