View Single Post
Old 5th January 2008, 20:09
Enthusiast

eaa53 is on a distinguished road
Default New Builder Reply

Terry - Mark

May I first of all say thank you for responding to the forum.

You are in a difficult position currently and there a lot of intelligent and dedicated builders who read the site, some even contribute , who will pick up on anything you say. What ever you respond with will always be interpreted differently by different readers.

but you are reading and responding good… perhaps we can all improve the experience of working with you.

The first comment I would make is communications.
You needed to move the factory and nobody would criticise that, it was your choice. In addition there have been planning problems and project management issues that have affected your customers. All we need to know is what is happening, the newsletter appeared some weeks ago with a promise of an update that I have not seen yet.

Quality control, there have been a number of issues that have affected builders directly in the assembly area! We are a proud bunch and like to think we can solve anything, in the main when we do complain it’s because we have spent may hours trying to fix the unfixable because it was wrong to start with. All we ask is that we are taken seriously and listened too.

Build information, it’s a kit car I know but the build detail is, I will try to be generous, poor.
When I built a Robin Hood supplied in the original days of Richard, I have a pair of videos that would frighten children under 10 and could have been made by school children, that I thought were poor but at least it was a comprehensive effort to explained the problems, not just a picture of a red ended screwdriver pointing at a nondescript bit of the assembly with no explanation of what the issue was..
I am just reviewing the wiring diagram supplied with the loom and as a time served electronics and instrument engineer I am failing to decode the colour coding used. (What colour is UW or N and if B is Black what is BW Blue/White or Black/White?) The loom has no labels on it and it took me 2 hours to identify which bit was the front and which was the back of the car. It would be so easy to make this simple.

I have now reviewed 3 built cars and talked to the owners and I am only now beginning to grasp the magnitude of the build ahead of me.

Modifications, I will modify the build, some of the proposed engineering is inadequate sorry Mark but its obvious to a two year old. I am making a list of the changes and adjustments that I will make to improve my build and the end result. These are all known to you and are on this forum.

Please accept this as a critical friend, we all love the car and enjoy a challenge of building it please make it easier for us to love doing business with you.

eaa53