Thread: CJ's Build
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2014, 17:11

cbjroms is on a distinguished road

Am away at the moment hence the slow response.

I am not sure about my Reg Number being quoted as a precedent because a) it should not make any difference and b) if it does then I end up on DVLA's list of trouble-makers!

The thing to remember with matters such as this is that you are dealing with civil servants who just want forms to be clear and answers predictable. The more superfluous info that you give them the more they feel that they have to examine it in great detail to avoid being caught out. I was one for 20 years and know how the systems struggles when it does not receive yes/no answers. And if you do happen to ask a civil servant what info they need to make a decision then they will ask for absolutely everything that may possibly be in existence - just in case. Always better to have info and not use it than not have it at all!!

All that I did was to complete the form as simply as possible. All the key parts of my Sammio came from donor. So that's what I said on the form. I sold the body panels such as doors, bonnet & boot then replaced them with Sammio body panels. So that's what I said on the form.

Fill the form in as I did and the outcome is assured. No photos or extra details are necessary and they will beg more questions. So KISS.

Chris