View Single Post
Old 16th January 2016, 11:23

davecymru is on a distinguished road

I gave SWMBO complete freedom of colour choice and she picked that one, which i found funny as on the tin it's "RAF Roundel Blue"

Back to the Miglia i have it planned to line the inner front wheel arches with alloy over the winter, but seeing as it's currently very cold and handling sheets of freezing cold metal isn't exactly my idea of fun, i have put those plans on hold.

So looking for other things to do I've been having a play with my latest toy, a 3d printer.
I'm still 50/50 about putting logos on the back of the car as it's fun to keep people guessing what it is when i pull up, but i've been using this as an exercise to get up to speed with the 3d design, transform and print software as i do want to make some bits for when i start to fit the heating later in the year.

The first task was to choose a font and come up with a basic printable design.
So i managed to add some text in Segoe Script font on to a plinth for the moment (plus it took a few hours to learn how to get that far!)

Then that was translated into a printable model, which is a quite a quick and simply process now that I've got the hang of it!

That was fed to the printer and just over an hr later it was done

(Note for the teeccys amongst you, it's already been peeled off of the base plate for this photo

Then up to the garage and a bit of a tidy up and a trim and an initial coat of grey primer to show up bits i need to tidy up further. apologies for the bad focus but i was shivering when i was taking this!

By this point i was already froze, so it's time to wait for paint to dry and have a bit more of a tinker with other things i need to design.