View Single Post
Old 27th July 2010, 21:16

PaulC is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scimmy, I've never really paid a great deal of attention to Scimitars but being newer than Spitfires and Heralds it would make sense for them to be more tunable. A V8? Now you're talking! Lots of TVR's being broken, a 5-litre might just do the job and I know some people capable of getting the best out of them. Do abandoned projects appear very often? I assume the Scimitar chassis required some serious fettling to take a V8?

Lancelot. In my eyes that picture you posted (above) of the D24 isn't as flattering as the head on shot I found and I see Scimmy's point. Reminds me of a basking shark

Single screen? Solid tonneau. All sound interesting. How about throwing in some side exit exhausts?

As for names I never knew that a Spada was a sword. If you go 'foreign' that would work. Unfortunately not many british swords seem to have funky names that haven't already been used. "Hello darlin. Fancy coming for a spin in me Dirk/Spadroon/Claymore?" doesn't exactly cut a dash, does it?

Other weapons? Spear? Javelin? Trident?

Aircraft? Typhoon? Meteor? Kestrel? Tempest? Mohawk? Vulcan? Hmmmmmm, Vulcan. I like that.

I'm not a fan of the huuuge rear overhang on that Lancia, would the Scimitar have to have an arse that big?

PS. How difficult to make a shell fit a Chimaera?

Last edited by PaulC; 27th July 2010 at 21:34..