View Single Post
Old 19th June 2016, 18:37

swifty is on a distinguished road

Had the car out today at a local classic car show, alas i did not put it on show as i was too late to register so parked up with every body else and had a walk around, car's from my past on display but none of the Italian exotic cars which was a disappointment had hoped to see maybe a Lancia Spider or Fiat 124 spider, me thinks one of these could be the next project, just need to find a suitable one which at the minute is like looking for hens teeth.

IMG_7025.jpg

Cars from the late fifties through to the sixty's have similarities in body shape, this i was led to believe was a genuine AC and not a kit. What i found surprising was the huge size of the wheels and tyres compared to whats on the navigator but they certainly did not look out of place.

IMG_7027.jpg IMG_7030.jpg

The XK150 is one of my favorite old jags, this one was in great shape both internal and external. Triumph TR3, great example.

IMG_7026.jpg

Mint american classic.

Left the best till last. Car shot with what is becoming the obligatory castle in back ground.

IMG_7032.jpg

Even though it was parked in amongest every day cars it still drew attention, when i arrived back at the car there was a father and son debating as to what it was, the son was taken pictures to check the reg out to see what information he could find on the web, so i decided to put them out of their misery and tell them what it is, which surprised both of them. They said they had seen the car passing through the show area and decided to walk through the parking fields to find it.

Even on the way home i was stopped by a guy in an MGB who wanted to find out what it was, may be it was because i over took him so wanted to know what it had under the bonnet, plus he commented on the popping exhaust noise, music to the ears i never get tired of lifting off and hearing the pops and crackles.

Well that's it for now see you all soon.