View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2016, 20:30

swifty is on a distinguished road

Today i took the car to a local classic car show lined up with other classic's to see what response it got which came back very positive, the car had a lot of interest due to the fact there was nothing else there like it, people kept on telling me that the body shape and overhaul look/finish was different to anything else they had seen.

It looks like i have achieved what i set out to do in that no body was sure what it was, was it a classic race car, is it a Lancia and one guy who loves all motor racing nostalgia from the fifties/sixties was impressed and showed a lot of interest promptly letting me know he visits Goodwood and silverstone for the classics races and said it would look at home on those days, what he did comment on was the detail in various parts sold the car as a fifties model it was the reg that let it down in the game of deception so some work to do there.

IMG_7059.jpg IMG_7062.jpg

One thing that i have learnt is that you don't get much time to look around the show yourself due to all the talking you do with people that want to know more about the car but one positive is i have a few phone numbers of local clubs that i may join up with for the odd run out at the weekends.

IMG_7063.jpg IMG_7064.jpg

Checked this C type jag out which looked to be the genuine article with a lot of patina, very nice looking jag just a shame the cover was on so i was unable to take a picture of the interior which i think always looks great with wear and tear.
One thing i did notice was a couple of stone ping marks splitting the paint surface from underneath on the bonnet wing area which at first i thought was fiberglass but the tap test showed it to be ally, once again nice patina.

Don't know if anybody who read this is near to Croft Motor Racing circuit (DL2 2PL) but on the 6th/7th August there's a 50's nostalgia weekend with historic motor racing along with classic vehicles on display from racing, general and military vehicles. Thought i might contact them to see if i can show my car, the only thing is the closing date for entries has passed a couple of weeks ago so may just have to go along as a paying guest.

If there is anybody attending let me know and we may be able to meet up for a chin wag.