View Single Post
Old 30th June 2009, 15:04
Enthusiast

eaa53 is on a distinguished road
Angry Engine Mount

I never fitted that lower support as a solid connection would transmit vibration and I judged it inadequate to do the job.

I would have uploaded picture to show my solution but the web site is down and the Laptop with the originals on is not working either at this time!
There is a thread on it if you look back when the site is back up the picture will display.

So a description will have to do, the site should be up tomorrow if you need the visual.

In my case with a VVC engine and a replacement rear ‘brace/frame’, I used the original Rover mounting and bolted it straight back on to the replacement frame. This provided a 10-15 degree tilt on the engine (within design parameters for the engine ) with the Rover original rubber mount to remove the vibration and mounted to the gear box on its original bolt holes, a very secure attachment.

This arrangement gives a little extra straightness to the drive shafts and a very solid rubber mount connection.

You could do the same and reinforce your original rear frame at the same time. There is a school of thought that suggests that the original frame should be welded in place anyway, which is almost how the new chassis are supplied from Marlin..

If you want a straight original threaded bar with mini ball joints on, I have a new one unused…..!

The thread is there and the pictures show...
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...3067#post13067

Should give you the idea of what I did.

Last edited by eaa53; 30th June 2009 at 15:12.. Reason: Added detail