View Single Post
Old 6th January 2017, 11:25

retro200 is on a distinguished road

after all its the "risk"element and "lack of driving experience" that ins companies are looking at in young drivers ,after all, if me/you started writing cars off on a weekly basis ,our ins companies ,would soon sit up, and think oh he,s costing us a bit, load our premiums or refuse to cover because of the "risk" factor what makes ins cheaper is your ncb and the only way to get a good ncb is with a few years claim free record, its only the ncb good driving record earned over the years and compulsory/voluntary exccess,s that keep your/my premiums down its like passing your test at say 50 years old then trying to get insured you would be treated as a teenager because of "lack of driving experience" and no ncb history, its your driving" history" over the years that counts and the only way to get that is by going out getting the experience to prove you arnt a risk the other problem is the roads now are so much busier than say 35yrs ago when i started driving so more traffic =more accidents whitch = more claims = higher premiums another thing to remember also is where you live your post code has a lot to do with it its always going to cost you more if you live in say central london or any big city than if you live on a remote scottish island or somewhere where car crime is high. my area was subject to a lot of car theft back in the late eighties and as a result ins premiums got higher . they take all this into consideration i know people who have used "a friends address" out in the sticks to insure /register cars/motorbikes because otherwise they couldnt afford the premiums because they where in a high risk area (a bit naughty in my opinion) but there you go.