View Single Post
Old 28th January 2018, 11:28

deni is on a distinguished road

The drop links I bought are the ones from Wolfe Racing. I thing that Mr. Towed also installed these.

IMAG1626.jpg

The were not very difficult to install, even for the novice like me, but I did lost a lot of time trying to adjust the bolts length on each drop link to be as even as possible. I know that the length can never be the same, but the difference in the adjustment seem to be quite big, so if anybody has experience with these, please let me know if this is adjusted ok...

Photo below shows the left one (bottom adjustable bolt) which is screwed in much further than the right one.

IMAG1631.jpg

This photo shows the right drop link. The difference in adjustment, to keep the tension right and the ARB in good position, is quite obvious and it seems to be too big?...so I am not sure if this is installed properly, but both drop link ball joints move freely when the car is on the wheels, as suggested in the installation manual.
I have expected a smaller difference in adjustment though and would feel more comfortable if the right side bolt was also a bit further in...any advice is welcome.

IMAG1632.jpg

For my next job, the dreaded welding, I have bought some 3 mm mild steel square tubing and an adapter for the grinder which will at least enable me to make straight cuts ... :-)

IMAG1617.jpg

Till next time... Cheers,D