View Single Post
Old 29th June 2015, 16:14

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carib Classics View Post
I will try and find what the Law says. Can you point me in the right direction. I just need to be sure. Thanks.
The trouble is it isn't 'law', what we have to comply with are regulations, rules and 'directives', which the various government agencies decide are appropriate. There is nothing in law as far as I know regarding the '8 point rule' but if you disregard it you won't get your V5c. They hold the whip hand and we have to comply.

If you dig through all the stuff that ACE have assembled you will find there are a lot of things which some regard as normal mods, like bob-tailing Land Rovers and modifying VW Beetle chassis/floorpans which used to be common modifications, fitting a Webber airbox in a Mini for example, VOSA will revoke the V5c on the spot and the only way of getting the car, which will probably be a pride and joy, back on the road will mean an IVA, which depending on the vehicle and the mod may not be possible.

This can happen at an MOT or a roadside check. VOSA regularly 'sit in' on MOT's and they know what to look for on certain vehicles.