View Single Post
Old 7th September 2015, 16:15

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Andrew - Welcome to my build thread & thanks for the "level playing field" suggestions.

Although, the fact my body shell is a bit "wonky" in places may work in my favour when it comes time to fit it.

The lack of symmetrical, after all my modifications, means there isn't actually a correct "alignment" any more.

In other words, if one rear edge is horizontal, another one wont be.

So I hope I can get everything straight enough to get away with the "rough & ready" look.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More Of The Same:
I'm sorry that most of the following photos all look very similar, but I am slowly making progress, honest.

Sanded down the rear passenger corner of the bonnet.

Added a layer of fibreglass filler.

Counter sunk the screw holes on the sunny side of the driver's corner.

Attacked the wheel arch "slits" with my angle grinder.

Added a layer of fibreglass filler.

Later on, both sides were roughly sanded down.

Not easy to see is the following photo, but there will still be some gentle contours between the wings and the centre of the bonnet.

Note:
The passenger side will probably end up nicer than the driver's side, due to the knock on effects of the earlier cut & shut of the driver's wing.

Next was adding the final fibreglass matting layers to the sunny sides, covering the main join on the driver's side.

Plus the "bumps" on the passenger side.

Then another wait, before some more sanding.

At this point I just want the rough shape, as hopefully there will be a layer of normal body filler going on tomorrow.

So until next time, take care, Paul.