View Single Post
Old 17th March 2017, 16:59

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

We got the first 'prototype' body out this morning ...... There are a couple of bits I want to alter slightly , nothing major , just some nit picking to make production and builds slightly easier ...

We still need to doo the doors , but one of the plug ones does the job here ...

I am chuffed with the first one ... Now I can sort the framework out ...

The cowl is not finished ...this spec is suitable for someone building there own bulkhead or adapting something else ...Glan is going to fabricate a more intricate bulkhead panel next week that will be fitted separately .....

The rear return on the bonnet edge makes panel fit a doddle too ...

Jeff H asked about flash lines ...these are all there is ...its fresh from the mould in these pics, virtually no trimming , they will be bladed off and buffed , so will be even less obvious when supplied ...

We need to do the aforementioned doors and bulkhead panel , a rear bulkhead , some returns on the bootlid and we are done .....all being dealt with next week .

Finally , a S*mmio tradition , but its kind of family , so I guess its ok ....more importantly , it gives you an idea of size ...

The bodies are about 4'' wider than their cousins , same wheelbase but longer in the front and the rumped rear adds a bit too ...they feel a whole lot bigger overall ....

I think one in silver with red numbers , ala 300 SLR would look superb ..

I ordered the wrong shade of red for this one , coral red , all production bodies unless otherwise specified will be a more appropriate red ......

Special order colours , that are in the RAL range , will not cost any extra ...the first few orders will include a colour matching or black transmission tunnel and fully flowcoated body and bonnet included in the price ......

Last edited by lancelot link; 17th March 2017 at 17:22.. Reason: Added picture of a confused bloke at the end ...