View Single Post
Old 14th February 2014, 16:53

Thurcroft flyer is on a distinguished road
Default new miglia builder

hi all
my name is ian, and I have been reading all your posts avidly for some time now. Think this site is really great, all your builds look first class, and the ideas you spread about are very helpfull and thought provoking.
I decided a few month ago to try and build a miglia speedster, think the car and idea are brilliant. I built a jc midge around 12 years ago, on a 2ltr vitesse chassis, and have restored numerous classics, a mg midget, a Morris's minor pick up, and a 1926 morris 8.
although the midge gave me the most satisfaction of the lot. So I have bought myself a 1964 1600 six vitesse, which I have started to recondition to a rolling chassis base, ready to attach a miglia body. I have no time scale as yet, but engine as been reckoned, and gear box back on. chassis members have been changed as required, but it is not painted yet, and running gear req,s refurb.
Not placed any deposit for kit yet as space is a premium, living in a three storey house with an integral garage ( and a misses who finds me plenty of other things to do) hope she,s not reading this. Any way I will keep you posted on progress , and hope to post some pics, nice to be able to join in, catch you all later, thanks.
Available from eBay