View Single Post
Old 11th August 2016, 07:42

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashupmark View Post
Hey guys, new member here!

The car featured at the start of this thread recently sold on ebay for £215, no, you didn't read that wrong, two hundred and fifteen quid!!!

It's in quite poor condition though.

Check out the photos here: http://imgur.com/a/mdNao

Hope it's interesting for someone of you to see the life of a this car.
Its interesting
For a start he advertised it as other parts, the fibreglass looks to be holding up well for 5 years.
"

Mazda mx5 shell with a fibre glass body of a Ferrari gto on top. All attached with the 1.6 automatic engine inside. It's now been stripped if you may have seen the listing a few weeks ago, you will also NOT receive the wheels. Can keep for loading but will need to be off when sold or scrapped. Yes scrapped!

This needs to go for someone who wants it as a project or even the engine. Log book is lost. What's missing. Handles, interior (most) steering wheel, switches, lights, exhaust.

This is a 3 day listing for bidding, but, after the 3 days of bidding and its not been picked up at the weekend or sooner, it will be run in to my local scrap yard, no questions ask, I don't have time for messers or non contact it needs to go!

Bid for what you see in pictures or what you want for parts, the whole lot goes just minus the wheels. Key is in the ignition still. I need my trailer back so collected or delivered if needed. Cash sale collect only or view of you want. A good project for someone i think. "

It doesn't mention why its a project and why its being stripped.

But at the end of the day - its a rebody.
I have spoken to people selling their mr2 Ferrari kit, they spent fortunes making it look right but then didn't like how the mr2 drove.

If you buy a dino based on a beetle - its still a beetle.

Its interesting to watch big prices being attached to the latest rebodies.
Sure they are pretty with varying levels of authentic details but at the end of the day its only as good as the donor.