Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th February 2010, 12:59

mac is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Deon DGT Dino Brakes. Upgrade??

Hi Guy's, There hasn't been much activity on the Dino forum for a while so I thought I would throw this one into the air. I was wondering if anyone out there with a DGT had upgraded thier brakes in any way. I would say the brakes on mine are pretty poor, even though the pads and discs have got very little wear on them and the brake fluid is new. I had thought about a servo but with the dual circuit brakes it would mean fitting two remote units which I don't think there's room for, or swapping to a single circuit system with a different master cylinder, which seems like a bit of a backward step. I have the standard set up of Lancia front discs on the rear and Lada 124 discs and callipers on the front. I don't know of any other callipers that would fit as a replacement for the feeble ones that are on there. I also thought that maybe sourcing some drilled and grooved discs and adding some green stuff pads might improve things, but don't want to spend several hundred pounds only to find that it made no improvement. Any thoughts would be most welcome or if anyone has a better setup on thier car I would love to hear about it. I look forward to hearing from you guy's.
All the best Mac.
Available from eBay