Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 30th September 2010, 20:18

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Car was Mot'd today !!

She failed on a few minor issues , brake readings , binding rear , couple of wiring issues ...idle speed etc...

Rectified it all and she passed....

Heres pics up the road near the MOT Station...

And heres a video link to my mate , Mike , the guy who painted her and prepped the body with me , driving the SAMMIO down the road near the workshop....click on the picture below;

Last edited by lancelot link; 1st October 2010 at 09:48..
Old 1st October 2010, 17:58

PaulC is on a distinguished road

That's excellent Gary. Now, what does it need? <cough>V8!

Old 1st October 2010, 21:17

Paul , the majority of these will be built around stockish Heralds and Vitesses ...and thats cool....the car weighs about 650kg. so its pretty nippy anyways....the 6 cyl. would sound better than the 4 cyl. but its not too shabby...

I know you can't beat the sound of a V8 , but the stock 4 pot will return over 40 to the gallon as well....Driving the car in the last few days has been great fun .....also , deviating too far from stock with modified chassis and uprated brakes etc..will lead us down the IVA path.

The one I'm thinking of doing on my SE5 Scimitar will be getting something a bit more lively....not sure what yet , but there is loads of room...
Old 5th October 2010, 06:21

patoune is on a distinguished road

Excellent !

Happy to have a look to my car...
Could you please now confirm when I can collect it ?
Old 20th October 2010, 18:10

busy , busy .....getting ready for Exeter this weekend......

NEW FRONT IS FINISHED...PLUG WAS PAINTED END OF LAST WEEK AND MOULD MADE EARLIER THIS WEEK....

First one being made tomorrow....

We have started another build as well........12/50 Herald based car with the new front end - British Racing green , white roundalls , numbers etc...This one is getting a small trunk area to put a spare wheel.....

I have just provisionally taken an order for a MK.2 Vitesse based one as well.....

Last edited by lancelot link; 20th October 2010 at 18:12..
Old 21st October 2010, 21:52

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road
Default Tribute Automotive

Hi. I am new to this forum (and indeed any forum), but having done a google search this forum seems to be the most relevant place to tell everyone what I am doing. I am part way through a body conversion using Bentley Continental GT panels on a Toyota Supra MkIV twin turbo. Its not an exact replica as it uses the Supra roof/glass and doors (with the addition of a swage line), but hope you will be interested in looking at my website (www.tributeautomotive.co.uk) that has just gone live. I am expecting to start selling kits in the New Year and will be updating the website on a regular basis with more pictures and prices etc.

Hope to talk to anyone with an interest soon.

Regards
Chris Welch - Tribute Automotive
www.tributeautomotive.co.uk
Old 21st October 2010, 22:02

Chris, welcome to the site.

Obviously you are keen to publicise your own venture in the same way Gary is with his Sammio but umm, how can I put this without causing offence, it's poor etiquette to do so on his thread which does after all have 'Sammio Spyder Builds' as the title. It's a bit like cutting in when a bloke's dancing with his new girlfriend I'm sure others would be interested in your project and I'm sure the moderators would have no objection to you starting your own thread.

Good luck with it.

Gary. That latest version is bloody unfair. You know damn well that's what I want on a Chimaera/Griffith chassis

Last edited by PaulC; 21st October 2010 at 23:56.. Reason: Manners.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:10

Default Tribute Automotive

Thanks for the welcome Paul.

Hope Gary didn't mind, but like I said I am new to Forums and I have no idea how to "starting my own thread". Help.

Regards Chris
Old 21st October 2010, 23:59

No worries.

Go to the top of the page and click on 'General Build Chat' in blue text.

Click on the 'New Thread' button when the page pops up.

Type in a thread title, your text and link and you're done.
Old 27th October 2010, 17:52

Paul ....I've known Chris for years , so its no worry....Welcome Chris , good to see you at the w/end..

Exeter went very well....lots of interest in the product ....I would have liked to get a finished 'new' style there , but never mind.....The magazines showed some interest in the concept to....so thats encouraging...

A customer , Peter , is dropping a 1968 Vitesse in for us to re-body for him....I'm looking forward to doing that one and will put pics up as and when....

Gary
Old 27th October 2010, 21:12

Thanks Gary. Your cars are looking great. Just come out of the garage itching....wonderful stuff fibreglass! May you have many, many more orders.
Regards Chris
Old 27th October 2010, 23:13

Chris. Stop encouraging him. I'm this >< close to selling my Tuscan to finance a project based upon a Chimaera and one of his latest bodies
Old 28th October 2010, 15:32

Hi Paul

Go for it! I've always wanted to do a '49 Mercury Kustom on a TVR Cerbra body tub/chassis. It would give the Sammio the right sound.

Regards Chris
Old 28th October 2010, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
Hi Paul

Go for it! I've always wanted to do a '49 Mercury Kustom on a TVR Cerbra body tub/chassis. It would give the Sammio the right sound.

Regards Chris
CHRIS ...NICE IDEA , NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE....Worst bit is the TVR is 17'' shorter in the wheelbase than the Merc...overcomeable but a slight issue !!

We have been doing a bit more on the cream and pale blue cars this week...nothing really picture worthy...next week will see the start of modifying the cream cars rear to accept the MG/MORRIS style tail lights the customer wants ....( Think D-Type and you'll get the idea )...This is the first car to receive the new bonnet treatment and I'll have pics of that up next week as well....

Our first Vitesse donor is arriving next Thursday , I'm looking forward to starting that one soon....It's an MOT'd and taxed example with tatty body , so hopefully not too much to do before we can start modifying.....
Old 9th November 2010, 20:02

dbsfto is on a distinguished road

Hi mate, i like it alot, and the car looks divine. Any chance of you taking me out for a spin in the sammio, I spoke to you at the kitcar show, nice man , say hello to mike too , love antony hoo hoo ahh ahh
Old 9th November 2010, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsfto View Post
Hi mate, i like it alot, and the car looks divine. Any chance of you taking me out for a spin in the sammio, I spoke to you at the kitcar show, nice man , say hello to mike too , love antony hoo hoo ahh ahh
Thank you.....I think I remember you from the show ...it was pretty busy but something about the way you write triggers a memory !
Weren't you the half-wit that stood on my stall all day Saturday ?

If you want to have a quick spin in the Sammio , you will have to be quick ....its going to Italy soon !

I'll pass on your regards to Mike .....

You really need to top up on the medication in the evenings , Mike and stop pretending you are the superior laminator known as ''Antony Zingzilla''

NOW CAN WE GET BACK ON TRACK , PLEASE ? !!!!

Last edited by lancelot link; 9th November 2010 at 21:44..
Old 15th November 2010, 20:44

Why do I feel there's a story here?
Old 4th December 2010, 19:34

Sorry chaps , been a while since I posted on here...

Things have been crazy.....I have 3 turnkey builds in the shop at present , 2 more to do ....one of which is being fitted with a Rover V8 ( should be starting that one just after Xmas |) and at time of typing , we have 9 body orders , two done waiting for collection and 7 to do..!!

We have remoulded the body straightening her out a bit more and rounding her up a bit as well as developing a diffent screen treatment - ver similar to before , but a lot cheaper - screens should come down in price by about a third of the current listed price....I'm very price aware , the thing that stopped me owning a 50's style race car over the years was price of available examples - we are trying to change that by going back to how it was done at the beginning - kind of !!

I'm getting enquiries daily , we have another 3 potential body and frame package orders in the pipeline , people actively looking for donors etc...Lots of overseas enquiries and as a result of that , we can now do a LHD version of the body.

Complete Kit Car magazine are waiting for our new demonstrator to be completed ....by Xmas hopefully , to do a feature on the car....thats got to be a good thing - I've had cars featured in the past with little feedback , but I feel different about this one - we'll see !!

I have moved the project away from my Hot Rod website and started a new one.... www.sammio-spyder.com should you want to take a look....

I'll put some pics up as soon as I get a chance !!

THANK YOU
Old 8th December 2010, 15:04

Anyone who has recently visited the website will know this already , but we are now able to supply LEFT HAND DRIVE versions of the SAMMIO....

We have just finished two that are hopefully on their way to Holland this weekend....

They take a bit of extra fiddling about and therefore slightly dearer than normal at £850 for the complete body package ....both bonnets still fit thjis body as well , so happy days !!
Old 12th December 2010, 00:51

Looking good Gary, nice to see someone having some success in these times.

I've not forgotten my plan for the Chimaerati (Chimaera/Maserati lookalike, geddit?) either, I'm just struggling with a few small details like should I sell my other car to fund it? Where will I find a lightly crashed Chimaera? (The sniffer dogs are working on that one) and not least how will I sneak this past the missus? Somehow I don't think "Santa must have left it" is going to cut any ice.

Anybody want to buy my children? House trained, can wash up, do the dusting, all sorts.