Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 19th March 2016, 23:27

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

You might want to put some rubber sheet under the bonnet where the height adjustment bolts are otherwise you will get stress related star crazing on the panel in no time. Better still replace the bolts with domed bobbins.
Old 20th March 2016, 08:35

casamolino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewade View Post
I can understand how the bolts on the top would allow for up and down movement, but wouldn't the two bolts that go through the grill prevent that? Unless the plate at the back of the grill is itself adjustable for height, or has slots in it?
Morning Mike i understand what you are saying , what i should have said was that i used to the adjustment of the two bolts to get the right height for the bonnet and then drilled the holes in the brackets for the bolts , of course as you say i could always elongate the holes (in the brackets) if i decided to readjust the bonnet , thanks Geoff .
Old 26th March 2016, 09:10

Good morning all , as i am currently between IT contracts and with more time to drive the SWB i decided it would be a good idea to sort out why the central locking wasn`t working on the drivers side . BMW in there wisdom use an electrical connector on the central locking unit that is difficult to remove , so i decided i would need to undo the the small bolts that hold the locking unit in place and remove the whole unit from the door , this would allow me to then remove the electrical connector and test it . As it turns out testing wasn`t necessary as there was a 13mm hole in the unit! If i go back a couple of months i made a couple of door cards and drilled a number of 13mm holes in the doors ready to accept the cards , anybody guess what happened! Anyway i just happened to have a spare driver side central locking unit which was fitted and i know have fully working central locking , Geoff .
Old 26th March 2016, 14:03

y cymro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by casamolino View Post
As it turns out testing wasn`t necessary as there was a 13mm hole in the unit! If i go back a couple of months i made a couple of door cards and drilled a number of 13mm holes in the doors ready to accept the cards , anybody guess what happened!
Haha, that made me chuckle. Glad it was an easy fix though.
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:48

y cymro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by casamolino View Post
I also have a set (Driver/Passenger) glass (rare item)from a Z3 coupe which has a different shape at the rear if your interested? all the best with your build , Geoff .
Good evening Geoff, I'm interested in these if you still have them. Will pm you..
Steve
Old 10th April 2016, 14:41

Good afternoon the interior is at this stage (see photos) , once the door cards were installed the car felt much more complete , Geoff .

Old 10th April 2016, 16:04
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

Looking good Geoff...well done.
Old 10th April 2016, 18:50
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

Loving that blue interior - must be quite calming to sit in. Keep the points off the license

Dave
Old 13th April 2016, 16:28

Good afternoon new exhaust fitted today , makes a wonderful sound and really pleased with the look , all work done by Cybox Exhausts of Brombrough (on the Wirral) 0151 343 0330 , ask for Mark or Gerry .

Old 30th April 2016, 19:55

Evening all , my car is booked into Nubodi for the bonnet mod on 21st May , thank you Richard , Geoff .
Old 30th April 2016, 19:59

molleur is on a distinguished road

Looks fantastic!
Old 8th May 2016, 11:29

Morning all , first photo is of my newly made (courtesy of a length of steel rod from B&Q) boot prop , certainly not the most exciting item ever fitted to a SWB but does work a treat .

Final photo is the boot floor! for what ever reason and it it a long time ago i binned all the original Z3 boot trim , so after boarding out the base then covering with carpet this is what it looks like , i guess the battery will know fail!!!!! Geoff .
Old 13th May 2016, 19:01

Good evening many moons ago one of my first tasks after my car was built was to install a headlining , before doing so i decided to glue sound deadening to the roof then glue the headlining to that (my theory was the sound deadening would help to dull the noise of sitting in a fibre-glass box) . The glue was the correct sort for headlining , well it is not an easy task as the glue sticks (like s*** ) on contact , all was well and it looked good untill the past couple of weeks where we have had strong sunlight and high temperatures , my car sits outside and with it being a dark colour the interior does get hot . What has happened is the glue between the roof and the sound deadening goes soft and the weight of the sound deadening overcomes the stiction , not good so today it has been pulled off and all things being equal tomorrow a new section of headlining will be stuck back but with no sound deadening , Geoff .
Old 13th May 2016, 19:23

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Geoff try a sound deadening mat like dynamat its self adhesive and its foil so it doesn't suffer the same
Old 13th May 2016, 19:29

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Same happened to my under bonnet heat shielding.

Worked great all winter and then in the summer there was a funny smell coming from the engine.

I popped the bonnet and there was some foil backed with sticky tar resting on top of the engine instead of on the bonnet.

Why do people paint cars black?!?
Old 13th May 2016, 20:43

molleur is on a distinguished road

I think that it would be best with flocking applied. It'll never come off. Tough nasty job after the fact.
Old 14th May 2016, 10:10

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

I've stuck various parts with the spray glue used for carpets, but this one stated high temp glue, don't know if you've seen it, (available on e bay)
Pops
Old 14th May 2016, 10:34

Morning thank you for the replies , the glue i used was the "high temp stuff" but i can only assume the weight of the sound deadening was to much for it . Have been to Martrim in Sandbach this morning and bought more glue "not the spray on type" so will try that , have decided not to use any more sound deadening as the exhaust is now changed!
If anybody is looking for a supplier of the alloy strip that runs along the top of the door have a look at the following http://www.blackburnsmetals.com/prod...ings-cope.html , many thanks to Bob(Hurnleft) for the info , Geoff .
Old 14th May 2016, 10:42

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

IMHO there are 2 issues with spray on glue 1. It doesn't give as thick a coating, so doesn't glue as well. 2. It atomises when sprayed, so more of a hazzard?

Maybe, but any of these contact glues are dangerous inside a car! Whilst glueing the headlining to my Quantum (no glazing fitted at the time) I was still almost overcome by the fumes and just got out of the garage in time, a confined space and contact adhesive is dodgy.
Old 14th May 2016, 11:35

[Quote] Maybe, but any of these contact glues are dangerous inside a car! Whilst glueing the headlining to my Quantum (no glazing fitted at the time) I was still almost overcome by the fumes and just got out of the garage in time, a confined space and contact adhesive is dodgy. [Quote] .

No garage for me so should be safe enough , although anybody walking past on the pavement may have to look out! Geoff .