Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 2nd August 2011, 00:10

captaincrash1971 is on a distinguished road
Default Ready to start - but some parts needed

Hi folks
just had confirmation my body is almost ready, I unfortunately can't collect until the back end of the month, but hey ho!! what can ya do!!
Anyhow, I'm on the look out for some parts for my donor and was wondering if anyone can help.
I bought my donor as a reconditioned and painted chassis, engine and front bulkhead (all the bits I need), but with a Poor (with a capital P) body.
I am getting rid of the body this week, but on further examination I am missing a few essential bits.
I need :-
2 front calipers (type 14)
clutch and brake master cylinders inc. brackets and linkages etc.
accelerator pedal and linkage and cable
Handbrake mechanism (however do have a full sierra handbrake mechanism which I will try to modify)
Clutch slave cylinder
A set of clocks, (can get a cheap herald speedo but would love to fit a rev counter)
A swing spring and uprated front anti roll bar
and I need to sort some decent sized wheels, open to ideas but am unlikely to be able to afford wire wheels just yet.
Hope someone can help, I will be starting a build blog as soon as my hols are over and I have my body from Gary
See ya later
Alan
Available from eBay
Old 2nd August 2011, 05:43

Patton is on a distinguished road

Hi, I,m using MG F wheels for now a minilite loolalike 14" and wide if you look on the thread feedback please theres a piccy of a one off Gary did on a spitfire chassis with these wheels I think most of the rover cars (200's/400's) use the same PCD. Clutch slave cylinders are not expensive on ebay as I was unable to find a repair kit.. there are one or two places advertising breaking heralds on ebay... not a lot of help but a couple of pointers... Pat
Old 2nd August 2011, 06:27

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Hi there, congratulations on your choice of kit.

I was planning to stay with the 13" late spitfire style wheels that came with my donor. I was going to add larger tyres, 175/80/13 with white walls to give the appearance of a bigger rim and with dummy spinners bolted to spitfire centre trims for the Dunlop racing wheel look on the cheap. Then a set of 14" MGB wires came up locally at a bargain price...

As for the brake hydraulic components, when you're driving the finished car your life depends on these bits. Bite the bullet and buy new. Make savings elsewhere but fit new brakes.

As for the rev counter there are loads of electronic ones advertised on ebay from about £30 new, and some look pretty period, especially ones meant for powerboats.

Good luck finding the parts you need.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:35

Patton is on a distinguished road

Hi, I got my wires on ebay for £10 with usable tyres it's the adapters that cost the money, so just for now I'm putting the MGF wheels on ( ebay £120 with very good tyres) less than half the price of the adaptors with a set of nuts, wires do look best ! PAT
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:10

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Talk to the guys at Spitfire Graveyard (they do all sorts of Triumphs!) as they were able to sort me out with clocks, throttle pedal and a load of other used parts and then i got the new bits n bobs from Rimmers.

I may have a 2nd throttle pedal laying around somewhere (i lost track of what i ordered and from whom!) but it'll need some TLC!
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:07

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton View Post
Hi, I got my wires on ebay for £10 with usable tyres it's the adapters that cost the money, so just for now I'm putting the MGF wheels on ( ebay £120 with very good tyres) less than half the price of the adaptors with a set of nuts, wires do look best ! PAT
Good point about the adaptors: anyone know where the long adaptors can be bought for less than an arm and a leg? Best quote I've had so far was £285. Gotta have 'em though, proper wires with spinners look the business on a Sammio.