Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 20th November 2004, 20:50
Kit Car Dreamer

mattnedgus is on a distinguished road
Default Colours?

Hi everyone,

This is a plea for help!

What are peoples personal opinions on colours for the 5EXi? I've narrowed (if that's the right word!) it down to yellow, orange or the oxford blue and I absolutley cant decide!

Blue would be better for making the car stand out less (I dont want undue attentionidiots keying it) but on the other hand yellow and orange would be really vibrant and make the car look really sporty look really sporty!

I'll be honest this has to be the hardest decision I've ever had to make - the 5EXi is so particular to the colour - it's shape makes it look either really good (the opalescent orange) or rather scary (black in my opinion)!

Id be most grateful for any views you may all have!

Thanks Matthew
Available from eBay
Old 22nd November 2004, 12:14
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Well from someone with a 'scary' 5exi, I not sure you will agree with this.

1. Yellow is currently the most common colour for the 5exi. I reckon people will mistake the car for an Elise. Maybe not such a bad thing, but not so individual.

2. I would have picked blue if it were available at the time I got mine. IIRC it is similar to the MG Rover blue used on the 'Z' cars. Very striking. What would it look like on a sports car though?

3. The Lambo Orange of the Marlin demo car is IMHO the best colour for the car. If this is what is on offer, then there is no other options.

I did a bit in Photoshop a while ago which shows the 5exi in different colours. Nothing official, but it might help.
http://www.5exi.741.com/Adverts.htm
Sorry if you get the popups - free host.
Old 22nd November 2004, 19:38
Kit Car Dreamer

Thanks, I appreciate your views. Ive been reading your website too - its been really useful - put me off buying a 416 the other day. How far are you along in your build?

I dont mean to pull down black, scary might have been the wrong word! Its just not a colour 'personally' Id go for - although I was thinking about 'toning' the car colour down since it'll already attract possible too much undue attention. On the other hand the other part of me says its a sports car...
Old 22nd November 2004, 19:55
Enthusiast

I haven't got much further with the car.

Most of the last six months has been spent sorting out getting married etc. Every weekend you think youhave some time, there is always something else to do.

Hope to really push on with it coming up to Xmas.

I don't mind what you say about the colour I have. After all,colourisa very personal thing.

I am thinking along the lines of reversing the way the silver demo car has been done. eg. Black with silver front splitter etc.
Old 22nd November 2004, 20:09
Kit Car Dreamer

Yeah that'd be cool.

I'd considered chroming the roll bar but decided against it (- i need to keep costs as low as possible given the kit (with doors) coming to 9200 or thereabouts!) if I was going to apply a darker colour.

Still unsure about the colour but I think I'll go against my nature and jump on the bandwagon (with it being the most popular) and go for yellow. Im waiting to see pics of the car with doors till I finally decide though!
Old 25th November 2004, 22:16
Enthusiast

tomboysexi is on a distinguished road
Default Colour

Hi guys,

Interesting couple of points made, I was originaly going for silver as the demo at mph03 looked stunning.

Then my son saw the Lambo Orange at the NEC and yes he was hook line and sinker sold on the colour.

Although I have bought the Orange car we are going to spray it, but not Lambo Orange..... When I have a picture I will tryto put it up somewhere.

Ex biker I suggest you look at your priorites, weddings and honeymoons are all stuff n nonsense. Concentrate on your build!!!

Regards Tomboys
Old 26th November 2004, 08:46
Enthusiast

Default Re: Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboysexi
Hi guys, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . Ex biker I suggest you look at your priorites, weddings and honeymoons are all stuff n nonsense. Concentrate on your build!!!

Regards Tomboys
It gets worse.

I've recently bought into a property development with a business partner.

It looks like this is going to take up an awful lot of time up 'til Xmas and probably into the new year.

Priorities?

Well this project stands to make me a lot of money . . .
Old 26th November 2004, 09:23
Enthusiast

tomboysexi is on a distinguished road
Default ooohh errr

I see.......

Need any other partners?

Or perhaps someone to get on with your build?

lol

Tomboys