Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 12th November 2007, 19:59
Kit Car Dreamer

Dino246GT is on a distinguished road
Default Info required on J H Classics Ferrari 246 Replica

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the replica of a Ferrari Dino 246 produced by J H Classics in the early 90's.

I have one of these cars that I have rebuilt and it now has a 16v Lancia Thema engine rather than the 8v Beta original.

Information on these cars is pretty much no existant, I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has one or who knows anything about them. If any one has an original build manual I would love a copy of it (it's along shot but what the hell!). It has parts from lots of different cars and I have trouble identifying some of them such as the master cylinder.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have attached a photo of the car, if nothing else then at least there will be a bit more information about these cars on the internet!

Regards

Andrew Smith
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dino small.JPG (95.4 KB, 17 views)
Available from eBay
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:05

nickfranks is on a distinguished road

Hi Andrew,

I have just joined this forum, and I have a Deon Dino that I am about to start tidying up. I've been told that the Alfa GTV engine is the one to go for, but note that you went with the Lancia thema engine - how do you rate it and was it easy to fit?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Nick Franks
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:27
Kit Car Dreamer

Dino246GT is on a distinguished road

To be honest I can't recommend the Thema engine route as you have to cut the chassis around to get it in. Theres a company called classic replicas that produce these still and they use the Alfa V6, they claim that their replica is entirley different to the J H Classics but the pictures of the chassis on their website say different.

I would be worth having a word with them.

Good luck!
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:24

mac is on a distinguished road

Hi Andrew,
Have you had any luck in getting any info on the JH Classics Dino. I have just bought one fitted with a lancia beta 2.0 ltr. The car needs some work so I am trying to find out what the donor components are myself.

Regards

Mac.