Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 2nd December 2013, 19:58

waynesworld is on a distinguished road
Default At last sorted a kit car :) well i am happy

Hi all, its been a long time coming and after a few bevvies and after a few changed minds i got one, it arrived today

its not on the list of honoured cars but as said i love it.
Its got a 2l pinto with high lift cam and vernier pully, 4into1 down pipe. said to have near 160bhp, i dont know if thats correct, seems a bit much to me.

I will get some pics tomorrow,these are from what i have from the listing of that dam auction place i dont like much, well for selling.

I am on the search for a 2 inch straight length of exhaust and back box or cherry bomb to get it a bit quieter, a pair of bucket seats and 7 inch angle eye head lights, well a few things more

wolly
Available from eBay
Old 30th December 2013, 11:10

Well been a few weeeks now with the new toy, needs a polish up but as its still with its original gel coat it should come up great, one crease in the near side arch where it joins the body but nothing to bad.

Need to decide on what new grill mesh to get for it now as the other was just naff

Oh and sorted an exhuast out, made one from a straight through section for local car spares shop and they found a new peco big bore 2 rear box, give a good burble now

Also i have sorted a few of the electrics out, i found it had some sort of immobiliser fitted, my god 3 hrs to race it out and remove. Going to make anew dash in a week or so, i like the Carbon look so i will be getting my materials as soon as the suppliers opens form the festive season.

I still need to sort the fuel gauge and temp yet, i think the volt reg is not working properly so going to replace that.

When i replaced the brake cylinders and a few pipes and fettled the carb i went for a quick spin to set it up better, love these carbs nice and easy, my god its going to be fun, need some weight in the back end if a damp day lol.
Old 1st January 2014, 11:17

addict is on a distinguished road

nice think i saw that on ebay . had a pheaton when i was 19 that was fun
Old 15th February 2014, 17:42

I got the new dash made and got a set of MK3 capri gauges for it, still faffing with the electrics, i think the volt reg is playing up so i am going to do away with the gauges and fit seperates inplce of them in the capri gauge case, but keep the speedo and rev counter, i am stuck on how to wire the rev counter up from the loom though. Its near ready to get MOT`d but for that. Oh and it has strated to run a bit lumpy after a boote dit whilst sat on the drive, like its running on 3 cylinders, got a new set of plugs on the way.

A few ridges on the topcoat so a quick sand down and a few coats of laqure, yes the lazy way and it may crack in time but its good for now.

You an see its real carbon fibre cloth here lol, i was in such a rush to not mess it up i did

And nearly fitted, just a few additions like the heater cover a si did that from stainless awell, just not fitted.

So wipers switch to do and a few dash lights, think thats it
Old 9th April 2014, 19:25

Looks netter when polished up

Well the start of the hard top

gona start the pay up this week, no more covering it with a dam tarp