Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 19th February 2006, 23:06
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation
Default Build Diaries

Just a quick straw poll of opinion from you guys as you are an active lot building your 5exi's.

If Madabout was to create a Build Diary (Blog) section of the site how many of you would definately be interested in creating a diary of your build.

I think it's a given that people like to read how others are getting on with their build and how they are doing it but maybe another kettle of fish committing yourself to keeping up an online diary.

We would provide all the necessary technical aspects of the diary and would be accessible from the main Madabout pages and directly via the 5exi car details page on Madabout, you as the builder would need to input entries as and when you want to, uploading text, pictures etc.

No need to worry about webspace, hosting etc as that's all covered by us.

You would be given a private space which would be your diary (no one else can get to it - other than us of course) and you would be faced with a simple text editor pretty much like what you use here on the forum to upload your diary comments and pictures.

This is something I've personally wanted to see on Madabout for a while but wanted to see what you guys think. Would you take part?

The diaries can be retrospective by the way, so if you've finished a build you can still create a build diary if you wanted, plus there's no commitment to complete it, if you get bored and don't want to continue that's fine, you can put in as much as you want.

Cheers, John

Madabout-Kitcars.com
Available from eBay
Old 20th February 2006, 11:44
Enthusiast

MikeN is on a distinguished road
Default Build Diary

John excellent idea. OK so I am only 90hrs into my build and it hasn't even got any wheels on it yet! ut I have been keeping a written build diary from the beginning (30/12/05).
I list the date, start and finish time and write what activities I have done. I also take plenty of photographs.
So as you can see my intention all along has been to do an on-line version. Lack of time and knowledge on constructing a web-site prohibits this.

So your suggestion s brilliant. Count me in!

Regards

Mike
Old 22nd February 2006, 06:59
Big Cheese

Cheers Mike. That's 1, will need more of a response if it is to go ahead. Anymore

Cheers, John

Madabout-Kitcars
Old 22nd February 2006, 21:18
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

I've tried keeping upto date on my web site as much as poss. Have no problem duplicating on here.

Just any idea. Also a knowledge base for common questions on the 5EXI. Like a question and click for answer.
Old 2nd March 2006, 07:55
Big Cheese

Thanks Limpabit, I shall set up the build diary section and see how it goes, I'm sure more people will jump on board once they can see what it's all about.

One of the benefits I see in Madabout setting up such an area is that Madabout will be around ad infinitum, how many build diary links have you all clicked on and found the site no longer there? Quite a few if your experience is anything like mine, having it on Madabout means it will always be there.

The Q&A section is something we've been thinking about for a long time. It would be very handy indeed but would need considerable input from builders such as yourselves for it to work. I know you guys are great at helping each other out (and the guys on the Marlin Sportster forum) so I could pilot such an idea for these 2 models and see how it progresses if there were enough willing contributors.

Watch this space...

John

Madabout-Kitcars.com
Old 3rd March 2006, 14:43
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

The Q&A area is a mixture of all the questions and answer already posted here. If you set up the area, I'll have a scan through and post the questions and answers I found. Also any other tips I found along the way.