Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 17th December 2016, 12:41

wayneb1408 is on a distinguished road
Default Blackwell SPR1 build

Thought i would share my new car build. Based on the MK1 mx5. The kit has undergone some recent changes. Door handles have been added and also the rear end has been redesigned to use and Audi TT rear screen. This has an inner frame with captive inserts an dbm3 e46 boot hinges and built in gas struts.

Available from eBay
Old 17th December 2016, 14:00
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

Nice work. Love the use of the TT back window.

Dave
Old 18th December 2016, 06:36

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Wayne - I seem to recall it was around this time 2 years ago you were looking to crowd fund this project.

So it is good to see the project is still going strong and evolving over time.

I would be curious to know how many kits have been sold and has anyone set up a build thread?

Good luck, Paul.
Old 21st December 2016, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Wayne - I seem to recall it was around this time 2 years ago you were looking to crowd fund this project.

So it is good to see the project is still going strong and evolving over time.

I would be curious to know how many kits have been sold and has anyone set up a build thread?

Good luck, Paul.
Hi Paul

Yes we were crowd funding but funded it ourselves in the end. We have sold five kits one has gone to america. No one has completed a build yet some have started some have not. We have a build group on facebook called blackwell spr1 builders. This car will be on display at stoneleigh next year with all the revisions.
Old 23rd December 2016, 05:36

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Wayne - Good to hear you have sold a few.

I am sure you will sell a few more once those first few kits are finally on the road,

Good luck, Paul.
Old 2nd January 2017, 08:25

Few bits done today. Door skins loosely fitted. Front end all trimmed and vent holes cut.

Old 4th January 2017, 10:25

smash is on a distinguished road

I went to look at the original white demo. It looks very production - in fact the pictures do not do it justice at all, it's a really well proportioned and modern looking sportscar with some excellent detailing. Looks proper mean out on the road - I've always been an arse man and this thing does not disappoint lol!

At the time the kit prices were higher and I ended up going the Tribute route but the kit price now is really keen.

Next time around I will come and have another look for sure - the thought of either a V6 or monster miata V8 (basically baby TVR) is very appealing.

Really does deserve to be succesful
Old 4th January 2017, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
I went to look at the original white demo. It looks very production - in fact the pictures do not do it justice at all, it's a really well proportioned and modern looking sportscar with some excellent detailing. Looks proper mean out on the road - I've always been an arse man and this thing does not disappoint lol!

At the time the kit prices were higher and I ended up going the Tribute route but the kit price now is really keen.

Next time around I will come and have another look for sure - the thought of either a V6 or monster miata V8 (basically baby TVR) is very appealing.

Really does deserve to be succesful
Remember you coming by. Hope your build is going well. Did you buy a full built car or a kit. Your welcome over anytime to see the new build in progress. Drop me a messsge through out Facebook page for a chat.

Regards

Wayne
Old 4th January 2017, 11:25

smash is on a distinguished road

Had one built - spent over double what you were asking for the ex demo car in the end! (I know lol).

New tail gate looks good (good that catch has gone!) - whats happening with targa and fixings?

Keeping you on my radar as after 3 TVRs I still have a hankering for a car in that kind of style but one that doesn't live up to TVR stereotype like every single one of the 3 I've had
Old 4th January 2017, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
Had one built - spent over double what you were asking for the ex demo car in the end! (I know lol).

New tail gate looks good (good that catch has gone!) - whats happening with targa and fixings?

Keeping you on my radar as after 3 TVRs I still have a hankering for a car in that kind of style but one that doesn't live up to TVR stereotype like every single one of the 3 I've had
Have to take a look at it when your free. Kit cars do tend to suck money as there is always an upgrade or something to change or add. The targa is still being produced. We redesigned the internals to lock better tho.