Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 22nd March 2011, 18:13

JONORacing is on a distinguished road
Default Marlin Owners Club

Hi All,

As some of you may be aware there is a club for all Marlin owners which runs events throughout the year.

www.marlinownersclub.com

I was wondering what your views are on the club. If you are a member what bits do you like/dislike. If your not a member is there a reason why not, and what would make you reconsider joining.

The more information you can give the better,

Thanks for the help

Jono
Available from eBay
Old 23rd March 2011, 06:54

Chris Cussen is on a distinguished road

Well I'm a member, so here are my comments (though I hope they don't get me drummed out)
1. The members have been helpful in dealing with questions I posted while building my Cabrio, however the website forum is a bit creaky and old technology compared with this site. One thing in particular is that if you post on their site you don't get notifications and have to poll the site to see any replies.

2. There does seem to be a faction on the MOC site who don't like helping non-members. Some are quite strident in trying to make you join up.

3. I'm not particularly interested in going to club events because of a) my geographical location seems too remote, b) I've other things to do, c) my long suffering better half isn't too keen on standing around while I talk about boring subjects with other people.

4. The majority of the memberships seem to own older Marlins (not Sportsters or 5exis) so there is more help and assistance here for new builds.