Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 2nd June 2007, 23:26

CdRsKuLL is on a distinguished road
Default Automatic bonnet / boot supports

ok.. please dont flame me for not searching but I dont know what there called so cant really do a search. I was just wondering if any one had sourced / found some automatic supports that will lift / close your bonnet boot via a button on the dash.. I'm assuming these would need to be a hydraulic thing with a controlled motor. I'm also guessing you wouldnt need a reservoir because it would just go back in the other end.. a sort of hydraulic ram type thing may be. Something similar to how the honda accord estate can open and close its boot lid.

thanks

Steve
Available from eBay
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:11
Enthusiast

Vindi_Andy is on a distinguished road

why not get them off a honda accord
Old 5th September 2007, 21:28
Kit Car Dreamer

MADMAN is on a distinguished road

Hi Steve, its Steve in Pontefract. cant remember if you called back or not!! same poblem. but good news is I got a cat D. MR2/MK3 02 plate yesterday monday,
and have had an hour on it today, but busy untill end of next week, then the fun starts. I am glad to hear yours is comming on well, is the kit good? I am looking to go and order kit thurs next week, so I will be in touch. send me your email add. and I will keep you up to date, Steve.
Old 5th September 2007, 21:38

CdRsKuLL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAN View Post
Hi Steve, its Steve in Pontefract. cant remember if you called back or not!! same poblem. but good news is I got a cat D. MR2/MK3 02 plate yesterday monday,
and have had an hour on it today, but busy untill end of next week, then the fun starts. I am glad to hear yours is comming on well, is the kit good? I am looking to go and order kit thurs next week, so I will be in touch. send me your email add. and I will keep you up to date, Steve.
Hi m8, glad to here its coming on :-) I've got mine booked in for painting a week on monday cant wait :-) email is steve AT cdrpro DOT co DOT uk or cdrskull AT msn.com <-- also my msn addie if u want to chat live. Glad you got a donor.. it wont be long you will be turning this..

into this..

well nearly.. lol

btw the bubble wrap is a new form of spoiler I'm designing.. (jk.. running out of space to store stuff at the mo.. lol )

keep in touch and your most welcome anytime for a brew and a chat if you want to look around my kit

Steve
Old 9th September 2007, 21:38
Kit Car Dreamer

MADMAN is on a distinguished road

looks well, did every thing go together OK? I am looking to go and order kit this week. does the hood not come off for new one? or have you not had time befroe photo? and yes when I am passing I will let you know and call for a chat and cuppa. if you are Pontefract way same applies. good luck with paint next week. by the way what colour? rosso? I thinking of grafite grey/ silver. as I have had three rosso Ferrari replicas and want a change, Steve.
Old 10th September 2007, 04:13
Enthusiast

madolddog is on a distinguished road
Default Auto struts

Hi Steve, If you look on the Autoloc website you will find what you require and they are electric so no reservoir to fit! They do openers for doors, bonnets and boot lids from a remote control but I don't think they are cheap as they are in the USA!!
Cheers madolddog