I actually got to moved the car around under it's own power this weekend.
I found the engine is in desperate need of a tune-up and the brakes need some attention but it's getting there.
I did find it hard to get out of the car due to it not having the "lump" across the floor that a Herald has so I'll have to fabricate something to help.
The new wind screen surround was not as serviceable as I first thought ( it tends to twist the Perspex screen out of shape), I decided to re-make it .
I first re-cut the screen pattern on some sheet and fixed it in position.
The block of wood is helping keep the screen panel a uniform shape and curve.
I then filled in the small cap along the bottom edge and sanded the area smooth.
Coated the area with PVA mould release.
Followed by a good layer Gel coat.
And finally a good thick lay-up of fiberglass.
All left to dry over night.