Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 20th March 2016, 08:12

Paul L is on a distinguished road
Default Lancelot Link

Rather than hijack Micky1Mo's V8 Sammio thread, I am replying to a message posted there on this thread.

I've tried to bite my tongue for the sake of the forum (not always successfully), but this childish deception needs to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
I havent seen or heard from The Shadow for ages ...I think hes moved away , possibly overseas ...not sure.
El Primer I see most days , bloody nice bloke ...
Gary - Will you stand by this quote and swear on your honour that Lancelot Link, El Primer & The Shadow are three different people in real life?

Oxford1360 says that you are posting messages on this forum using at least two sock puppets* and I believe him.

Another forum user also confirmed this, but I've tried to respect that user’s wishes that this did not become common knowledge.

Whilst I am pretty sure you think this is all just a bit harmless fun, and let’s face it, an internet kit car forum is hardly a matter of life and death.

Where we differ, is that I think you are treating the people on this forum, many of whom are still building your cars, with complete contempt.

Apologies to everyone else for bringing this to a head on a Sunday morning.
( Especially as I’ve got to head off now and do some other chores. )

Paul.

* Wikipedia - A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] to manipulate public opinion,[3] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[4] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. Many online communities attempt to block sockpuppets.
Available from eBay
Old 20th March 2016, 10:23

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Paul, I've PM'd you.
Old 20th March 2016, 18:37

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

We are . always were and always will be the same person .

Anything else I have to say on the subject will be put in a personal message to yourself Paul .
The Shadow is the result of a drunken idea that grew out of control.
I apologize

El Primer had far more private reasons for appearing ...EL PRIMER is Spanish for THE FIRST , so not too hard to work out ...Not Apologizing

All I will say on here is you have got me all wrong ...I don't think we'll ever be pals but I am not a malicious or evil person. I do however have a strange ( read as ''often not funny'' ) sense of humour which may not come across on here ...hence the posting that was the final straw for you . I admire greatly and do read with interest your postings generally and you should feel rightly proud of your achievements to date with the challenging start you were given.

Just to end with ...Poor old Oxford you were happy to 'out' him on here yet protect the blushes of another ...whats Oxford ever done to you ? !!
Old 20th March 2016, 19:16

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Paul did ask if he could name me before he posted, and I let you know that I knew about a year ago, so it is hardly an "outing".
Old 20th March 2016, 19:23

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thats fine ..no problem with that ..you're happy , I'm happy ...everyone's happy ....I'll echo here what I pm'd you a couple of days ago as well ...I also think you are doing a brilliant job on your car , the feel of it is just right , you will have a very nice car there when you are done ..

Last edited by lancelot link; 20th March 2016 at 19:28..
Old 21st March 2016, 08:00

Marc F is on a distinguished road

We are all mad fools with our cars anyway, so let's play nicely hey...

Me, I often wish there was more than one of me. One could then tidy the junk pile that is my garage to actually find my car, the second to build it, leaving the third one of me to run my social life which is hectic and getting in the way.
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:40

davecymru is on a distinguished road

I will admit that this whole situation had totally passed me by!

Speaking as an IT bod, this forum and the people posting on here, more than any I've ever been a member of, get on!

Yes we've occasionally had Trolls and obviously where money is involved we've occasionally had matters aired in public in order to forewarn others, but at the end of the day these forums seem to default back to being build / drive related banter.

Sometimes clearing the air like this can help and i Paul i don't think you need to apologise to us as i hope your message and it's responses have had the desired effect, as i'd hate to see this forum degenerate.