Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 31st May 2018, 06:17

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Onlinesys - Great photos.

(Although this has come out a bit bigger than I was expecting.

Based on the website…

https://sundaymorningdrive.pixieset.com/27thmay2018/

It looks like this is a very popular road!

But your car certainly stands out and I'm sure you get a good reaction.

Enjoy, Paul.
Old 31st May 2018, 18:37
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Sure looks good but with that helmet you need this paint job.

Old 1st July 2018, 08:39

rochdaleGT is on a distinguished road

it was a lucky day for the seller and the auctioneer that a solvent buyer from abroad put so much money on the table for the car.

with just local-buyers the car would hardly reached the minimum.

it was a fortuity which does not mean that those cars really have such a value.
its just an old triumph with a new body!!

really "amazing" that such a high priced car already shows the typical problems of homebuilt cars on the first test-drive. that non working speedo was already not workng b4 the auction.....

i hope for the buyer that he wont be faced with ongoing teething-problems in the future, as he has already overpaid at least 7k on the auction.
Old 1st July 2018, 13:13

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Nurse! Jeremiah is out of bed again.
Old 1st July 2018, 13:23

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochdaleGT View Post
it was a lucky day for the seller and the auctioneer that a solvent buyer from abroad put so much money on the table for the car.

with just local-buyers the car would hardly reached the minimum.

it was a fortuity which does not mean that those cars really have such a value.
its just an old triumph with a new body!!

really "amazing" that such a high priced car already shows the typical problems of homebuilt cars on the first test-drive. that non working speedo was already not workng b4 the auction.....

i hope for the buyer that he wont be faced with ongoing teething-problems in the future, as he has already overpaid at least 7k on the auction.
With only attendees who are not interested in 1950s style sportscars, the price would be even less. Your argument is fallacious, probably best described as b*ll*cks. The nature of an auction, is that the car cannot fetch a price higher than anyone is prepared to pay, which establishes the value. The fact that you don't think it was worth it has nothing to do with it, and certainly not worth spurious posts on here.
Old 1st July 2018, 18:01

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
With only attendees who are not interested in 1950s style sportscars, the price would be even less. Your argument is fallacious, probably best described as b*ll*cks. The nature of an auction, is that the car cannot fetch a price higher than anyone is prepared to pay, which establishes the value. The fact that you don't think it was worth it has nothing to do with it, and certainly not worth spurious posts on here.
Probably worth pointing out , that , technically - as long as fair play is in attendance , it takes two to not only tango but to achieve a price in an Auction ..therefore there must have been at least two people prepared to pay that amount ...

Classic car prices are rising , often don't make sense depending on various results and vary considerably ...It is a factor of this that has resulted in replica or tribute styled cars to follow on their shirt tails ...many classic cars at auction have faults at point of sale ...these cars are based on the same donor parts ..so will have similar properties ...

I think it was a little high , personally ...but not for me to speculate on ...compared to Toweds it was a bargain ...but I felt that was a lucky sale too ...

They are worth what they sell for at the end of the day ......the way they are marketed and the intended audience would definitely be a factor in final price achieved ..

Last edited by lancelot link; 1st July 2018 at 18:04..
Old 1st July 2018, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
...it takes two to not only tango but to achieve a price in an Auction.
Indeed, an auctioneer who I know well says that the underbidder is the most important person as it is they who set the hammer price.

She concedes that a reserve plays a part, but if an item doesn't sell, then the reserve was too high for that lot on that day.

This car sold, ergo it was worth hammer plus commission to whomever bid on that day at that time. Whether that is more or less than the seller had hoped for is irrelevant...rather like the point that rochdaleGT was trying to make.

Looking at this with a more open mind (rochdaleGT, that's a hint), many objects have a monetary value that is greater than the sum of their component parts. This is because they can bring pleasure, happiness and joy (rochdaleGT, you may wish to consult a dictionary). These feelings are beyond value, so if the new owner experiences any of them, he has himself a bargain.

Go on, rochdaleGT, make us all happy; put a monetary value on joy.

Last edited by oxford1360; 2nd July 2018 at 09:45..
Old 1st July 2018, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochdaleGT View Post
…its just an old triumph with a new body!!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
…many objects have a monetary value that is greater than the sum of their component parts
Oxford - You took the words right out of my mouth.

If you follow the link in Post #21 above, you will see a dedicated car/bike scene in Hong Kong.

Lots of cars, worth lost of money, but only one Miglia and nothing else even close.

So, in the words of Mastercard…

”Standing out from the crowd, priceless.”
Old 5th July 2018, 18:16

smash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1mo View Post

Prices are what prices are, if you want it you want it

Micky gotta say I love your car - looks spot on!

Last edited by smash; 5th July 2018 at 18:28..
Old 21st July 2018, 07:38

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Nothing to do with me, being sold by someone calling themselves 'davecymru'...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1950s-Mil...gAAOSwg5VbUgIG

Looks to be a very nice example indeed that would be a bargain for someone at the start price.
Old 21st July 2018, 09:25

Mr T – Good spot and it looks like Dave has adopted your style of prose for the ad.

I enjoyed reading both of Dave’s build threads and I wish him well with the sale, Paul.
Old 21st July 2018, 14:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Mr T – Good spot and it looks like Dave has adopted your style of prose for the ad.

I enjoyed reading both of Dave’s build threads and I wish him well with the sale, Paul.
Oo, another opportunity for rochdaleGT to have his thruppence ha'penny worth. Where's the popcorn?
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:36

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Cheers gents.

It is indeed my car up for sale as I've come to the sad conclusion that i'm using it less and less due to work and other commitments and it was killing me to see it just sat there in the garage!

As for the whole price debate that seems to have been raging on here while I've been away, well... as my dad used to say "something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it", so we shall have to wait and see.

But i've looked at what over cars have gone for, coupled with what my Sammio went for and how much more advanced this car is and i think I've set an honest and very reasonable starting price. Internet types can debate this as much as they want - tbh, i don't care what they have to say!

As to what project comes next, we shall have to wait and see. But the Formosa does look very nice
Old 22nd July 2018, 16:58

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

A friend of mine is a builder of houses. He assembles a pile of bricks, some wood and plasterboard along with some finishing off bits and pieces and he has become an extremely wealthy man !
If you have the skills you have a valuable asset and there are plenty of people with plenty of money to spend out there.
The classic car scene is no exception, our skills as builders are highly sought after whether you accept that or not !
Old 22nd July 2018, 22:12

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
A friend of mine is a builder of houses. He assembles a pile of bricks, some wood and plasterboard along with some finishing off bits and pieces and he has become an extremely wealthy man !
If you have the skills you have a valuable asset and there are plenty of people with plenty of money to spend out there.
The classic car scene is no exception, our skills as builders are highly sought after whether you accept that or not !
Well said, nail hit firmly on the head.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:40

smash is on a distinguished road

It's certainly a bargain compared to this!

https://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1010483

I'm always trawling for cars and to me, it looks like the market has slowed down. Nubodi's red coupe demo is on at 29k - looks well and has full interior but donor choice might stiffle it. Imho
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:49

Ouch, the "Make" is listed as "Ferrari" in the footer details.
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:34

Onlinesys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1mo View Post

No , the paint job of the helmet is great. I reckon it must be the editing effect🧐
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C8F0D3B3-6B90-412B-BCD9-6400BEEF57DE.jpg (7.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:46

Quote:
Oxford - You took the words right out of my mouth.

If you follow the link in Post #21 above, you will see a dedicated car/bike scene in Hong Kong.

Lots of cars, worth lost of money, but only one Miglia and nothing else even close.

So, in the words of Mastercard…

”Standing out from the crowd, priceless.”
We pay 120% tax over here for expensive car. And you need to line up even you are eager to pay some of the sort-after models. By paying so much tax, HK is one of the cheapest place to get a second hand Ferrari cause the Rich will not buy old models or second hand and the normal John won’t be able to afford the running cost. Plus the cheapest parking space is GBP$100k to buy.

I am more than happy to pay the premium and enjoy it. The miglia engine/exhausts sound better than my other cars
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:57

BTW, my first ever car was a Triumph TR7.
I reckon most of us over here are not too rational anyway when you are into classic and kit cars