Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 7th June 2016, 21:34

adam1979 is on a distinguished road
Default Project For Sale

Hi Everyone,

You may remember a thread that I started some time ago now for my Sammio Cordite build, which I've not updated in quite some time! For a number of reasons but mainly lack of time, family commitments and moving house I'm offering my un-finished project for sale. I'm open to offers so if you are interested please drop me a line and make me an offer. I've tried to describe it as accurately as possible below. I'll be sad to see it go as I had grand plans for the final finish of the car but its time will be best served in someone else's shed...

The donor vehicle was a 1973 Triumph GT6 Mk3 so a straight 6, 2.0L engine and gearbox with overdrive. I've rebuilt both the engine and gearbox and whilst I've not had either running, I have no reason to expect them not too once all the finishing touches have been made. I was aiming for a mostly nut and bolt rebuild and planned to replace most of the consumable parts and bolts etc... as I built it up. Here goes...

All based in Northampton...

Engine

Engine rebuilt with reconditioned cylinder head converted to unleaded and skimmed. New lower end bearings and conrod bolts, timing chain and tensioner, new rocker shaft and all the usual seals, gaskets and consumables replaced as the engine was built up.

Carbs stripped and cleaned and rebuilt. These need the choke mechanism adding which can easily be found through online sources. New mechanical fuel pump. Ignition is electronic but I haven't tested this.

The exhaust manifold has a crack around one of the tail pipe studs. I was intending to fit a stainless system but it may be salvageable.

Ready to be fitted and included are a new clutch, manifold studs, filters, timing belt, ballast, plugs and several other bits and pieces.

Gearbox

The gearbox main case was replace after it was found to be cracked around the sump plug. Rebuilt using standard rebuild kit. I don't know it the solenoid for the overdrive works but turned over by hand all gears run smooth and are easily selected. Gear selector bearing replace.

Chassis

Generally, the chassis is in good condition. It is in need of some repairs as most are. It probably needs both outriggers replacing and the front bonnet pivot brackets (however, these will probably be removed to sit the body shell anyway). Otherwise it just needs stripping and painting.

Suspension

All stripped and in a various states of cleaning and painting. Some parts are painted (POR15 plus matt finish), others stripped ready for painting and others still to be stripped. I have new (second hand) lower wishbones to replace the current ones that have damaged anti-roll bar mounts. Shocks are all included but again I think are best replaced. They all functioned when on the car before I stripped it.

Brakes

All present but in need of service and or replacement. The front calipers and sold but need a dull re-build. The rear cylinders probably best be replaced. The pedals are included but I would say the master cylinders have seen better days and new parts would be required (these are brakes after all!)

Other parts

I am included everything that came off the car. The wiring, some left over interior parts etc... etc... The parts that I know are missing and need to be sourced are the lower steering column (bent), the choke mechanism that I already mentioned but apart from that, I think everything else is present. I was planning to replace a far amount but most is perfectly serviceable. I think it could also do with a new alternator but I'm not certain of that.

Body Shell and frame

Exactly as it came out of the Ribble/Sammio factory. It will need the usual attention to get a nice straight and symmetrical body but its solid. Finished in white. It even has the release wax still on it in places. I also have a pair of doors and a set of floor pans if you wanted to use them. I was planning on an aluminium floor.

My frame was not fit for purpose so I scrapped it. I was looking forward to knocking up my own frame to suit my design. You may still be able to obtain a frame that you could use but expect to need to build your own. I was planning to join the bonnet and shell to make a single shell and cut a bonnet panel into the nose. I'll happy share my thoughts if you desire!

I think the pretty much covers it. Any questions (or offers!) please contact me using the private messages. I'll upload photos shortly and here's a link to my original build progress...

Build Thread

Cheers,
Adam

...Forgot to mention the set of MGB wires (14") are also included

Last edited by adam1979; 7th June 2016 at 22:11..
Available from eBay
Old 7th June 2016, 21:41

Last edited by adam1979; 7th June 2016 at 21:51..
Old 7th June 2016, 21:44

Last edited by adam1979; 7th June 2016 at 21:50..
Old 7th June 2016, 21:48

Remainder of the donor gearbox that supplied the new casing...

Old 7th June 2016, 21:55

Old 7th June 2016, 21:58

Old 7th June 2016, 22:03

Old 7th June 2016, 22:06

Old 8th June 2016, 07:27

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Adam - Good luck with the sale.

I often wondered what happened to your build, as there are only a limited number of Cordite/Navigator build threads on here.

Life often gets in the way of building a kit car and that is just the way it is sometimes.

Take care, Paul.

PS
Gary (Lancelot Link) seems to be on a mission to bring unfinished Sammio projects back to life at the moment.
Old 14th June 2016, 07:53

nellieb is on a distinguished road

Hi, interested in your Cordite project. Can you give me an idea on sort of money are you looking at? Cheers, Neil.
Old 18th June 2016, 14:47

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

UPDATE : I paid Adam a deposit middle of last week and have arranged to go and collect the project in about a week / ten days time approx.