Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 21st June 2017, 17:44

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road
Default 250 SWB On Ebay

Just had this one pointed out to me. Not long left on listing, but spoke to the owner and he has had some good offers which he is considering:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250-SWB-CO...wAAOSwOMdZRSFI

Last edited by Tribute Automotive; 21st June 2017 at 17:47..
Available from eBay
Old 21st June 2017, 18:09

275NART is on a distinguished road

20 grand seems like wishful thinking to me.
Old 21st June 2017, 19:45

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

No paint and still has the flash lines. Easy bit done, getting it finished and painting is where the hard work and money comes into it.
I wonder how well the doors open if it is still in gel coat?

Makes Hurnleft's look like a bargain.
Smash was gaining to be putting his up for sale, any news on that?
Old 21st June 2017, 19:58

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

If it was finished it could well be worth a lot more. As it stands maybe half what it is listed for, its all in the final finish and attention to detail.
Good luck though !

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 21st June 2017 at 20:01..
Old 21st June 2017, 20:01

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I think that is Mineheart's car ...looks like he had a change of mind on the dash swap at Nubodi's if it is ...It will be interesting to see what happens price wise with this , prices are definitely on the up right across the classic and ''classic'' market at the moment ...
Old 22nd June 2017, 09:45

smash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
No paint and still has the flash lines. Easy bit done, getting it finished and painting is where the hard work and money comes into it.
I wonder how well the doors open if it is still in gel coat?

Makes Hurnleft's look like a bargain.
Smash was gaining to be putting his up for sale, any news on that?
Waiting on new occupancy sensor to sort the airbag lights (it was removed when the seats were swapped and i wasn't thinking ahead!), then MOT, then detailing then putting up for sale and look at whatever (or even if any) offers come in.

Nubodi Northern agent website (https://www.automotivenostalgia.com/) says turnkey Kali's start at £19k and Koupes from £22,250 so that ebay add is really chancing it's arm assuming those turnkey prices are painted and also assuming by Turnkey they mean you don't supply anything as opposed to drive in drive out conversion.

It hasn't even been lowered has it?

Last edited by smash; 22nd June 2017 at 10:51..
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:35

Nubodi red Kali demo car up for 23k. I hope it achieves close to asking (for obvious reasons!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FERRARI-25...8AAOSwCmZZSq1C

Last edited by smash; 22nd June 2017 at 14:46..
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:54

Barber is on a distinguished road

Doesn't Chris sell cars close to this stage for around £8k?
Old 22nd June 2017, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Yes ..because that's nearer its value in that state of finish in my opinion .. I think , as has been said , professionally painted and finished examples will achieve those prices ...Its interesting how much the common opinion of their values has increased since the DNA cars have made strong money ..as is often the case , everything increases in the chain in front and behind ..genuine cars increase in value , replica's go up too ...

Good quality cars deserve to attain a decent price ... Hopefully , lots of people won't try to jump on the bandwagon ...this has a habit of bringing prices down , in my experience ....
Old 22nd June 2017, 21:39

Look at how other classic type kits have gone up in value over the last few years. A good Cobra replica will be anything from £20k - £40k. Most at these figures will have a Chevy engine and Jaguar running gear and a fibre glass body ( hardly a true replica ).
If you want a proper Cobra eg a Hawk 289 with Ford V8 and aluminium body the prices are silly.
To place a well built and finished Tribute 250SWB around the low £20k's should be an easy target price. The 250's displayed at the BBQ would be worth mid to high £20k's imo at the very least.
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:43

Quote:
There are builds and there are "builds".

Last edited by smash; 23rd June 2017 at 08:01..
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:09

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just for the record, I no longer have time to take on builds for customers, but will continue to occasionally "put together" an unfinished car for my own use (for fun?) and then sell it when needs must.
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:38

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ....My visits to Tribute HQ have regularly seen cars at various stages of build where the customer has asked for a ''few changes'' ..a fitting of the kit to a car totally unsuitable for the kit in the way it was designed etc etc. this type of job never pays for itself , Tribute will have been losing money trying to keep customers happy ...I have been there , so know how it works ..I've had customers turn up when I was hungry for work and you will agree to do jobs that just aren't viable and end up working for less than minimum wage to achieve your goal and attempt to keep a customer happy .....
Threads like the ''what would you get Chris to build for you '' one , although are interesting and the virtual pub chat is entertaining , it does outline just how people don't realise how much effort and hours go into creating a facsimile of an existing car style and just how inappropriate some donors are ...overlaying 2 pictures on photoshop can build anything you like - on the screen ..... I think Chris has spent way too much time trying to accommodate that type of customer over the years and spread himself a bit thin at times ....The kits are selling well , a 2 man operation is running at full steam keeping that going , the space is limited ...there just isn't the time or space to entertain those builds anymore ...
Old 23rd June 2017, 09:11

ned is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
Just for the record, I no longer have time to take on builds for customers, but will continue to occasionally "put together" an unfinished car for my own use (for fun?) and then sell it when needs must.
Chris, give me a call next time you have put one together and had your fun in it ;-)
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
Nubodi red Kali demo car up for 23k. I hope it achieves close to asking (for obvious reasons!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FERRARI-25...8AAOSwCmZZSq1C
Bloody hell has it sold already?!
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:33

ericholm is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up confirm sold...

Hi All,

I got in touch with Nubodi and it sold rather rapidly, close to asking price, which is great news for all of us who have spent so much time on these builds and great news for the SWB 250 kit in general
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
Bloody hell has it sold already?!
Why are you so surprised ? The Nubodi car was an excellent build.
You'll have no problem selling your car, it looks spot on. You have gone the extra mile with the finish and detailing, its what people want.
Old 24th June 2017, 18:46

I guess I'm just surprised because Bobs car went for 20 and I felt the body on that was far superior. Maybe it's the whole resale red thing
Old 24th June 2017, 18:55

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Apart from the Nubodi red car I don't think a decent 250 convertible has come onto the market. To me a convertible will always make more money than a fixed head.
How many people would have guessed even close to what the 2fifities have been selling for.
I know the quality of the 2fifty but at the end of the day if you have a 2fifty and a 250SWBc finished to the same standard is there going to be that much of a price difference ?(I know you have to factor in the 2fifty interior).
I do like the fact that I can say to people that ask that it is not a replica as Ferrari never made a convertible, small point but it appeals to me.
Old 24th June 2017, 20:38

THAT'S VERY ENCOURAGING IF IT HAS SOLD FOR THAT AMOUNT ...It certainly looks good in red and that must have been a factor in the speed of sale ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
To me a convertible will always make more money than a fixed head.
If that proves to be the case , which I'm not sure it will be as the hardtop is still a very good looking car ...then Tribute would be perfectly justified in increasing the price of the convertible kit ... And rising turnkey prices could affect hardtop kit prices too ......

As a manufacturer myself , and putting my business hat on ( rarely done ) it is always good news when the product works ...and if there is potentially some big rewards for a builders efforts , then Tribute are entitled to benefit from those increased profits too ..... in my opinion ...obviously home builders and build agents won't agree with me....

But , if you like , its like the increase in housing values means building plots increase in value too , no one questions that ........

Last edited by lancelot link; 24th June 2017 at 20:41..