Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 18th February 2014, 17:57

Rudolphs_Owner is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 MX5 1.8iS model 58,000 miles for sale to a good home...

Hi guys,

My first post, but long term lurker as they say. If this does need to be moved elsewhere that's fine, I had a look through and couldn't find a specific tribute for sale section.

As the title suggests, I am looking to now sell my 1999 Mazda MX5 1.8i with just 58,000 miles on it, 12 months MOT, 6 months tax. BRG with Black interior.

To start from the beginning I bought the car just over two years ago with the intention of making it my weekend project car. I spent a long time trying to find the perfect 1.8iS as this is the model that has 140bhp, an LSD, bilstein suspension etc. I have used it as my everyday car although I do hardly any mileage as I live and work in the city centre of Glasgow and I also own a Mini Cooper S.

Last year the head gasket went (I'm sure some of you are very aware of this issue on the little miatas....) and the car was put into the workshop to have a full engine rebuild by my girlfriends dad and his best mate, one an engineer and the other a Porsche mechanic. The head was machined by my girlfriends dad himself, who also machines brass parts (headlight holders etc) for pre-war Le Mans racing Aston Martins.

The price I am asking is £1,500 which at time of writing makes it the cheapest mileage/age/spec combination on Autotrader.

This week the car was returned to me with 12 months MOT and new engine however it has brought me to a realisation that I cannot afford to keep running two cars (this month I have had to pay out over £1000 between the MX5 and the Mini!) and the MX5 is the less practical. I'm sad to see it go but would love to see it turned into something special! It's an honest car and an honest sale, it would make the perfect basis for a conversion.

Thanks for taking the time to read my advert, if you are interested or have any questions please contact me via the thread or pm and I can swap contact details. I will also be advertising the car elsewhere (But probably without the love story).

[IMG]
Bank Holiday Monday by RudolphsOwner1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Front by RudolphsOwner1, on Flickr

Rear Quarter by RudolphsOwner1, on Flickr
Available from eBay