Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 20th August 2007, 20:36
Enthusiast

Jon@JNRacing.co.uk is on a distinguished road
Question 2008 JNRacing/Marlin TrackDay Castle Combe!

THIS IS NOT OFFICAL, MARLIN ARE NOT AWARE.

YET!

After a few threads mentioning track days and a few of the owners club mentioned that Llandow circuit was ok but after visiting there a few times it wasn’t that challenging anymore, I cant comment as I’ve never driven the track, I came up with an idea.

We, JNRacing, will be launching our car ‘5EXi-RS’ around May 2008 and as part of the ‘BIG LAUNCH’ we are trying to arrange it on a track day, mainly so we can show off the car and give everyone that comes alone a chance to see it being thrashed around the track.

Our aim was to launch it a Llandow this year, but it will not be finished sadly, therefore we are thinking of hiring a track for a day. Similar to what Marlin do at Llandow but at Castle Combe Circuit, as it is a more challenging track and faster, better for the exi’s. If we were to do this event would anybody be interested in attending and taking there car out on the track for a session or two. I’m in the process of getting prices from the track to see about costs etc, to see it if is finically feasible.

If anyone may be interested in this then please reply as it is a lot of work to even work out if it can be done. It will be mainly for Marlin’s, so don’t worry about your pride and joy being stacked by some kid in a nova, but there may be a few others, through invitation/recommendation only.

If you could let me know your thoughts would be great, even if you think I’m mad for even trying to arrange such a thing,

Cheers

Jon@JNRacing.co.uk
Available from eBay
Old 21st August 2007, 08:43
Enthusiast

BIG_Fella is on a distinguished road

If i have managed to finish mine by then i will be up for it
Old 21st August 2007, 14:51
Enthusiast

MikeR is on a distinguished road

Yes please
Old 21st August 2007, 15:04
Enthusiast

This day looks like it may be a good one, only problem is that it would have to be on a weekday either a Monday or Tuesday, could be another day but Saturday's are around 6k and they are booked up for the year already.

For a rough guide it will be around £125 for the day, this would give a 15minute session every 2hrs, so a minimum of 4 sessions in the day. There would only be 3 cars on the circuit at on time, so you would basically have the track to yourself. 24 cars needed for this price, but I can comfirm details once I have all paper work through, and avaiable dates etc. It will probaly be in May that this happens, but once have the avaiable dates I shell inform you all.
Old 21st August 2007, 15:58
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road

If my car is track ready by then, then yes. Hard to say at the moment if that'll be the case!
Old 21st August 2007, 16:05
Enthusiast

You lot should be close to finishing them by now. Our will be done by then and we started after you.

Get out in the garage and get building.
Old 21st August 2007, 18:28
Enthusiast

So that we have better numbers the Track day will probably be taking place on Monday 16th June 2008 or Tuesday 17th June 2008. This gives you lot more time to finish your car so no excuses, plus time for me and Nick to learn how to drive.

If anyone has a preference to which day the event is i.e a Monday or Tuesday please say. At the moment its probably the Tuesday as I have college so dont have to worry about taking annual leave.

Jon
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:46

Chris_G is on a distinguished road

Would this be open to non-5exi's?

Firstly, I am subscribed to the list as an interested party with a possible future interest in a 5exi but currently I have a Westfield. I have been to the factory and had a test drive, I've had a ride in Dylans original car on Combe and am a friend of Ken Robson (the Marlin Racing Club guy). I am also the Competition Secretary of the local Motor Club (Bristol Pegasus Motor Club). I would be intersted in the Castle Combe track day and could probably drum up some extra interest for you if you needed it?

Cheers
Chris
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:41
Enthusiast

Thanks for the interest Chris it would be on first refusal to Marlin as a whole rather than just 5exi’s for the track passes, as there will be potential Marlin owners and our potential and existing sponsors to show them our car at its best. Due to a maximum of 24cars, so that you haven’t got traffic to worry about, then we may fill the places quickly, but as you have mentioned yourself and maybe a few others I will add you to the list. I am actually a member of Pegasus so was going to go the track day last weekend but our car was all be it complete.

If you had a group of 4 including yourself of non-Marlin’s it would good as you could all be on track together and then we can mix you all around in the afternoon. At the end of the day its all for a bit of fun without having to worry about Jim in his 1.1 Nova coming tanking down the inside at camp, when your having fun in your pride and joy.

I have a group of 4 from my local car club, so wouldn’t have any objection to a group of 4 non Marlins, but I may be able to out a few more places your way if numbers are short but so far there is a lot of interest.

Once I have all the paper work through I shell make this more official and will then be taking bookings closer to the time.

Cheers Jon
Old 25th August 2007, 11:47
Enthusiast

grant620 is on a distinguished road

Just to give a little bit of advice...
I've been out at Coombe when there were 10 cars on track and it felt empty.
I'd say that it would be better to get more people out and allow more sessions or time.
Maybe 8 on track for 20 minutes at a time?
4x 15min slots is not very good Value For Money IMO.
Old 25th August 2007, 12:36
Enthusiast

6cars is the max combe will let out on an exclusive day, they more cars that are out at once the highe the cost, because it means they have to have more marshals etc, not to sure but im there on monday so am going to ask the questions then.

At the moment ive got 16 mates that want to go out on the track will only allow some of them, so numbers at the moment doesn't seems problem, just would like Marlins there with a few others.