Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 25th November 2003, 10:09
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road
Default As 1st Dec gets closer . . .

Soon it will be illegal to use your mobile while in control of your car.

I noticed someone yesterday, driving along, talking to his passenger while scratching his ear for a few minutes. Strangely, this will still be legal after the 1st Dec.

So what's the difference?

Another thing - You will be able to use a hands free kit as long as it doesn't interfere with your control (eg wires in way of gearstick etc) of the car, but it must have an auto answer, as you will not be allowed to touch the phone to answer it. You will be allowed to turn down the radio to answer the call though.

Eh?
Available from eBay
Old 25th November 2003, 13:34
Kit Car Dreamer

Meeja is on a distinguished road

My understanding is that the phone must me physically mounted somewhere when a hands-free kit is used (ie not just sitting on the passenger seat)

Presumably then, expensive blue-tooth hands-free kits will become obselete, as you can make hands-free calls with the phone still in your inside jacket pocket, or even still in your briefcase in the boot (but it isn't physically fixed to the dash!)
Old 26th November 2003, 08:24
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

I think the next thing the Government should do is ban kids from cars.

Someone please tell me that a young child in the back ('cause their not allowed in the front of a normal car), kicking the back of your seat, screeming 'cause (s)he's lost a toy, crying 'cause they ain't getting any attention and deciding to undo the straps and get out of the seat is less distracting than using a mobile phone.
Old 29th November 2003, 17:12
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Meeja,
Sod it! I’ve been planning to enter into the automotive accessories business. I was thinking this new legislation would aid the sales of my first accessory. A simple and economical hands free kit! At only 10p, I thought I was onto a winner.

The kit comprises a large rubber band that hooks over the left ear, around to the other side of ones head where it secures your mobile against ones right ear. Brilliant, economical and reliable hands free mobile communication I thought.

I was perfecting the band sizing because on early prototypes the blood supply to my head was interrupted (explains a few things, ha!) with the result that after a long drive I’d go purple from the forehead upward. A really big problem for a person with my hair style (or lack thereof). So I’ve developed a range of sizes of bands and a super deluxe adjustable version made from nylon webbing with Velcro attachments.

I was also planning a Kit Car baseball cap version, to be mass-produced in Korea (or Sri Lanka).

However, it seems my invention and with it the prospect making mega money isn’t going to work.

Gutted.

Den.
Old 29th November 2003, 22:13
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Den, are you still having problems with the emoticons? It must be hell for you

John

Madabout-kitcars.com