Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 25th February 2015, 19:56

redveerenmus is on a distinguished road
Question Alloy rad upgrade

Hi. My first forum input! I've got a Mac1 zr and I am replacing many if the original parts including the rad for a spanking new alloy rad off a Honda crx. I've got it today and there's no 22 mm thread to put the thermo in and to connect the fan. No idea what to do now. Any views anyone because I'm brand new to this ? Thanks Craig ☺
Available from eBay
Old 3rd March 2015, 07:32

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveerenmus View Post
Hi. My first forum input! I've got a Mac1 zr and I am replacing many if the original parts including the rad for a spanking new alloy rad off a Honda crx. I've got it today and there's no 22 mm thread to put the thermo in and to connect the fan. No idea what to do now. Any views anyone because I'm brand new to this ? Thanks Craig ☺
Have a look at Revotec's in hose thermostatic fan controllers.

http://www.revotec.com/acatalog/Elec...ntrollers.html

Just cut the top hose and remove a 25-30mm section and replace with the controller.

And if your hoses are 35mm id. then I've got a controller I don't need (also just replaced a radiator) at considerably less cost.

Nigel.
Old 7th April 2015, 06:20

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

What I have done with My Marlin Berlinetta is I have soldered a short piece of 6mm OD, about 6 inches long copper tube to the bottom tank of the radiator and the sensor end of the thermostat fits nicely inside the tube. I am going to insert the sensor end with a good smear of electronic heat transfer paste like used for CPU heatsinks. That should provide a good enough sensing for the thermostat and the fact it's attached to the large surface and bulk of the tank should provide a level of themo damping to stop the fan coming on for a few seconds only.
Old 29th May 2016, 11:59

redveerenmus is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Late thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelB View Post
Have a look at Revotec's in hose thermostatic fan controllers.

http://www.revotec.com/acatalog/Elec...ntrollers.html

Just cut the top hose and remove a 25-30mm section and replace with the controller.

And if your hoses are 35mm id. then I've got a controller I don't need (also just replaced a radiator) at considerably less cost.

Nigel.
thanks I did it like you said. It works fine. Needs some other help now so I've relished and changed my pass wOrd etc. Thanks again. Sorry for the late reply 😀