Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 1st February 2007, 03:41
Enthusiast

madolddog is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Congrats

Hi, Just want to congratulate all you guys on such fabulous motors . The Phantom has always been a beautiful car and you seem to have improved on perfection ! Have some questions to ask as you all seem very savvy about GTR's so here goes:-

When and why was the name Vortex added?
As all the right were sold to Virago last year - has this caused any problems re parts etc?
Who has done to most mods to their car?
Who is the partner with the design company?

Cheers from a Mad Old Bugger
Available from eBay
Old 1st February 2007, 09:52
Enthusiast

ricola is on a distinguished road

No idea about the Vortex name, I guess it is as quite a few other manufacturers are using GTR as model names..

The rights weren't sold to Virago, Phantom have given them a year to get it off the ground and if finanfe was in place a deal would be done..

For most mods, probably the black one I put pics up of in another thread, although it still isn't finished yet.
Old 1st February 2007, 10:48
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola View Post
No idea about the Vortex name, I guess it is as quite a few other manufacturers are using GTR as model names..

The rights weren't sold to Virago, Phantom have given them a year to get it off the ground and if finanfe was in place a deal would be done..

For most mods, probably the black one I put pics up of in another thread, although it still isn't finished yet.
Ahh I see, so there is no problem with spares at the moment but what happens if Virago do actually go into production? Will the source dry up? What other mods to you have in the pipeline other than the 19' wheels?

One other thing - how many GTR's are there to your knowledge?

Cheers, will keep checking your website for updates!
Old 1st February 2007, 10:54
Enthusiast

ricola is on a distinguished road

I think there are probably only about 10 or so cars on the road unless anybody else knows different? Spares will never be great with a kit car but you just have to accept that. I'm guessing the jigs moulds will remain available to make spares. The Virago would use a new chassis and would be re-engineered to an extent that they probably wouldn't use existing tooling/moulds.

Other than 19" wheels, I have kept the rear end of the old chassis as my looong term plan is to fit a 4.2l Audi V8 with Audi transaxle longitudinally, maybe with some turbos for good measure and I can use it to do all the mocking up but for now it will be my daily commuting car while I finish off my WRX powered beetle cabriolet
Old 1st February 2007, 11:16
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola View Post
I think there are probably only about 10 or so cars on the road unless anybody else knows different? Spares will never be great with a kit car but you just have to accept that. I'm guessing the jigs moulds will remain available to make spares. The Virago would use a new chassis and would be re-engineered to an extent that they probably wouldn't use existing tooling/moulds.

Other than 19" wheels, I have kept the rear end of the old chassis as my looong term plan is to fit a 4.2l Audi V8 with Audi transaxle longitudinally, maybe with some turbos for good measure and I can use it to do all the mocking up but for now it will be my daily commuting car while I finish off my WRX powered beetle cabriolet
That should be 'rather interesting' so to speak - keep up the excellent work