Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com
 

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14th December 2009, 09:11
Fuoriserie's Avatar
Fuoriserie Fuoriserie is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monza - Italy
Posts: 200
Fuoriserie is on a distinguished road
Default Interior Dimensions Marlin 5exi

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for the interior dimensions of the Marlin 5exi but can't find any, does anyone know what they are?

What I really wanted to know is what size person would fit confortably ? a 6.4ft woulf fit ?

Thanks for the help.

Italo
Reply With Quote
Available from eBay
  #2  
Old 14th December 2009, 09:34
limpabit's Avatar
limpabit limpabit is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Basildon, Essex
Posts: 1,800
limpabit is on a distinguished road
Default

BIG Rich is about your height. Weight wise, I'm no light weight and fit ok.

It's about getting the right seats.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14th December 2009, 09:57
Fuoriserie's Avatar
Fuoriserie Fuoriserie is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monza - Italy
Posts: 200
Fuoriserie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpabit View Post
BIG Rich is about your height. Weight wise, I'm no light weight and fit ok.

It's about getting the right seats.
Thanks for your info...

I'm actually 5.11, but a friend of mine who is interested in the car is 1.95m. tall and by looking at some of the pictures on the net thinks that the car is really small for his size......

I told him that he could fit with better seats adjusted to is height just like you mentioned........but he is not convinced.

I think that he should trial fit a car while visiting a kitcar show
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:39
limpabit's Avatar
limpabit limpabit is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Basildon, Essex
Posts: 1,800
limpabit is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi.

Here is the thread to Bigrich on a trackday.

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=2341

Here is me on a trackday. But I have nice padded big seats for touring. Though that could be changing for slimmer seats in the future.





I'm hoping to be at Detling this year.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14th December 2009, 18:51
alackofspeed's Avatar
alackofspeed alackofspeed is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dorset
Posts: 1,180
alackofspeed is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm 5' 10" and the seat base in my car is about 1" above the cabin floor. With a helmet fitted, my head is about 2" clear of the fabric hood. I suspect your friend would struggle.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14th December 2009, 19:02
SDMC001's Avatar
SDMC001 SDMC001 is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 351
SDMC001 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi Italo

I am 6,3 and around 17 stone, and I use a Marlin as standard, I say that in so much as Marlin in the past have modified the floor pan so it is lower by about an inch, the obvious downside is speed bumps.

I got my seats from Intatrim, they were some of the closest to the floor I could find.

I would reccomend anyone tall to use a modified pedalbox, Marlin used to offer one, not sure now but would assume its still an option.

Best of luck

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14th December 2009, 19:45
limpabit's Avatar
limpabit limpabit is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Basildon, Essex
Posts: 1,800
limpabit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMC001 View Post
I would reccomend anyone tall to use a modified pedalbox, Marlin used to offer one, not sure now but would assume its still an option.
Mine ended up being all separate anyway due to going hydraulic clutch. Still not perfect, but ok.

On long trips, I'll put on the cruise control to save the foot.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15th December 2009, 16:00
Fuoriserie's Avatar
Fuoriserie Fuoriserie is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monza - Italy
Posts: 200
Fuoriserie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpabit View Post
Hi.

Here is the thread to Bigrich on a trackday.

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=2341

Here is me on a trackday. But I have nice padded big seats for touring. Though that could be changing for slimmer seats in the future.





I'm hoping to be at Detling this year.

Thanks for these pictures I will show them and see what he thinks.....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15th December 2009, 16:01
Fuoriserie's Avatar
Fuoriserie Fuoriserie is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monza - Italy
Posts: 200
Fuoriserie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alackofspeed View Post
I'm 5' 10" and the seat base in my car is about 1" above the cabin floor. With a helmet fitted, my head is about 2" clear of the fabric hood. I suspect your friend would struggle.

Thanks for your input..

Italo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15th December 2009, 16:10
Fuoriserie's Avatar
Fuoriserie Fuoriserie is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monza - Italy
Posts: 200
Fuoriserie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMC001 View Post
Hi Italo

I am 6,3 and around 17 stone, and I use a Marlin as standard, I say that in so much as Marlin in the past have modified the floor pan so it is lower by about an inch, the obvious downside is speed bumps.

I got my seats from Intatrim, they were some of the closest to the floor I could find.

I would reccomend anyone tall to use a modified pedalbox, Marlin used to offer one, not sure now but would assume its still an option.

Best of luck

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for your info and I will pass on your info........,

Cheers
Italo
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 15th December 2009, 16:11
Fuoriserie's Avatar
Fuoriserie Fuoriserie is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monza - Italy
Posts: 200
Fuoriserie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpabit View Post
Mine ended up being all separate anyway due to going hydraulic clutch. Still not perfect, but ok.

On long trips, I'll put on the cruise control to save the foot.
is the footwell cramped ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16th December 2009, 19:22
SDMC001's Avatar
SDMC001 SDMC001 is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 351
SDMC001 is on a distinguished road
Default

I personally dont find it cramped, as matter of fact quite spacious.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 15:37.

copyright madabout-kitcars.com 2000-2020
terms and conditions | privacy policy