Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 15th September 2016, 10:23

casamolino is on a distinguished road
Default Chester to Lake Como and back in the SWB

The car was loaded with a box of tools screwdrivers pliers/sockets etc plus Hi Viz , spare bulb kit oil/water and a brand new coil pack. The boot was full of clothes for 12 days , the area behind the seats drinks and food (pasta rice etc) plus changes of clothes for the overnight stops.
We left Chester on Friday morning , 300 miles later arrived at Dover to catch the 14:00 DFDS ferry to Dunkerque .

Waiting for the ferry doors to open at Dunkerque ,

We stayed overnight in a hotel in the Dunkerque area ready for the longest daily drive of 380 miles to Strasbourg where we stopped again at an IBIS budget just off the motorway .

Parked up in the underground car park IBIS Strasbourg .

Sunday morning left the IBIS at 9 for the third days drive to Lake Como via the Gotthard Tunnel approx 280 miles and we were in the apartment about 1km from the lake shore .
As we turned off the main road for the climb up to the apartment the rear of the car hit the road surface and made enough racket as if the rear boxes had become loose! In fact it was my low mounted rear fog light had broken off and was hanging by the cable and being dragged along! panic over .
After a day to recover we drove down to Tuscany and stayed over night another 550 miles .
On the way back from Tuscany on the Autostrada we were overtaken by an Italian gentleman in a Fiat Dino Spider , well used and the car was certainly not a trailer queen , after he overtook he slowed down so we passed him and the next time he came passed we were being recorded on his phone , this happened a few more times before he came past waving and roared off to Milan , a beautiful car being well used .

On the Saturday before leaving next day we were at the local supermarket getting a few supplies , came out to the car and the central locking was not working , the red indicator light on the key fob was not flashing , with some forethought I had taken a second set of keys which was back at the apartment , so 3km later on a blazing hot day I was back at the car second key fob in hand central locking operated car started and away (happy days).

Parked up in front of local marina .

On the way down to Italy all cars were being stopped at the Swiss border to check for a current vignette , 40€ please .

We had decided to use the Gotthard tunnel but were stuck in a traffic jam for about 40mins although it was a busy time (early Sunday afternoon) 17k is a long tunnel to be in and my claustrophobia was starting to kick in . On the return journey we used the Gotthard pass which is brilliant and a hell of a lot better than being stuck under a mountain range .

Waiting in the queue to board the ferry back to Dover .

We stayed at the same two hotels on the return journey and covered just over 2450 miles in 12 days , it would certainly have been quicker and more comfortable to use my other car an Alfa Giulietta QV but I would not have heard “Bella” repeated so many times .

Parked up back safe and sound , Geoff .

Available from eBay
Old 15th September 2016, 11:22

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Geof

What a great journey, in April this year we drove from Surrey to Genoa caught a car ferry overnight down to Palermo and the spent the next 4 weeks driving across Sicily all the way up criss crossing Italia thru France and back to surrey I think it was 5000 Kilometre in total love to have done it in a classic.

Each nights stay apart from family for a couple nights in Piacenza was done using Air B&B

Got do do it in a classic one of these days

Peter
Old 15th September 2016, 12:50

Barber is on a distinguished road

We stayed at the same two hotels on the return journey and covered just over 2450 miles in 12 days , it would certainly have been quicker and more comfortable to use my other car an Alfa Giulietta QV but I would not have heard “Bella” repeated so many times .

And that, in a phrase is why we do it.
Old 15th September 2016, 17:38

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Geoff - Epic stuff.

All together now...

On days like these when skies are blue and fields are green...

Old 15th September 2016, 17:45

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Wow. That's me jealous as F***

One day. One day...

Also nice to see that the gent in the Dino Spyder is dressed appropriately in a suit jacket and shirt.

Last edited by Mister Towed; 15th September 2016 at 17:50..
Old 15th September 2016, 18:06

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Spent my honeymoon in the Austrian Alps and hired a Merc convertible for the week. Middle of summer in the alps is great anyway but it all amounted to a fantastic time. Brings back the memories !
Old 15th September 2016, 21:23
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

Brilliant trip and wicked pics. Thanks for sharing

Nope not jealous - not at all

Dave