Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion

Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion Formosa 120 GR and related builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th May 2018, 21:05

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Bit more dash work ...

An extra gauge on main dash, larger gauge above the Speedo/Rev counter now ( a clock ) and an early VW dash handle , a nice tie in to the Porsche styled dash ...

not shown here , but I wrapped an aluminium sleeve around the steering column to hide the original switch gear mounts and rivetted it in place ..

I also marked out the rear lights ..nice early flat lens Lucas units ..

I also templated and cut out the rear inner arches ..I had the templates from Graham's car but we are moving the inner arches in a bit on Rays , just inside the frame at the rear ...Grahams are quite close to his wheels and we are taking the opportunity to move them in slightly on this one ...so a bit of trimming of the original templates gave me a pattern that fitted inboard about 2'' from Graham's ..I cleaned them up but need to go and get some materials first thing in the morning , so will glass them in tomorrow towards the end of the day so I can work on the car without disturbing them whilst curing ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 24th May 2018 at 21:09..