Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 12th November 2016, 14:00

mcramsay is on a distinguished road
Default Insurance / agreed valuation

Been shopping round for insurance as my car will be through IVA in the next 2 weeks and I want to get it registered. Adrian flux quoted 360 for the year and told me it was a great deal, Footman James came in at 216, which sounds pretty reasonable!

What have people set their agreed valuation at? I set it at £20,000 with footman James and they didn't blink an eye... I'm guessing they would want pictures etc of the car though before committing to that. Just wondering what others have set theirs at! There can't be many 16 plate sportsters kicking around!
Available from eBay
Old 13th November 2016, 10:14

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I find that Adrian Flux quotes are coming out high. They quoted me £300+ for the z3, I laughed at them, they were using 9 years nab and I pointed out that my SL350 was less than £200. Took them about 30 seconds to get the premium down to £185.
They have just quoted £340 on my 3000GT with was £200 last year, didn't even bother to phone them. I don't like dealing with companies that seem to like to con and rob you.
Old 13th November 2016, 13:58
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Footman wouldn't do agreed value on mine and the price was the same as Adrian Flux who do agreed value so I've just stuck with them.
Old 15th November 2016, 19:08

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Footman wouldn't do agreed value on mine and the price was the same as Adrian Flux who do agreed value so I've just stuck with them.
How quickly does your agreed value get er 'agreed' though? It was over 6 weeks of waiting and several promises for my car (not a Marlin) and eventually I started asking "how many months insurance am I really getting?" and it was sorted because the owner's club official knew a 'name' to contact, otherwise I might still be waiting after 6 months?
Old 15th November 2016, 19:34
Enthusiast

Takes a few days each time, there is a £15 or so fee above the price of the insurance for them to process it. You fill out a form listing the condition of interior, exterior, tyres etc, a new price and the agreed value you'd like. You need to specify mileage and provide photos of: front back, left, right, engine bay (I send 2), interior & odometer.

If you do it quickly enough after renewal the cover never drops to market value.
Old 16th November 2016, 09:22

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Takes a few days each time, there is a £15 or so fee above the price of the insurance for them to process it. You fill out a form listing the condition of interior, exterior, tyres etc, a new price and the agreed value you'd like. You need to specify mileage and provide photos of: front back, left, right, engine bay (I send 2), interior & odometer.

If you do it quickly enough after renewal the cover never drops to market value.
I provided all the required within 4 days, and still AF took 6 weeks
Old 16th November 2016, 10:56
Enthusiast

Guess it depends how busy they are ?