Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th September 2016, 22:57

aofb is on a distinguished road
Default New MX250 Builder....

Hello there.

I've recently got hold of a part finished MX250 / Mk1 MX-5 build that I'm looking to complete and haul around as a daily - decided that it's high time I had a mid life crisis (despite not being old enough in the traditional sense yet) and got myself something fun and ludicrously impractical to drive again.

Initial triage is looking promising:

rear : is all but complete, all bonded and blended to the door shut line, just need to install / bond in the rear window, install lights / number plate and sort a temporary rig exhaust so I can get it MOT'd (as I'm planning to go for a full stainless system eventually)

front: seemingly not started - need to install the wing extension plates, re-install the wings and do the 'Mk2 mod' (on the door shutline blend) as it seems the panel gap isn't great with the new front in position with the wings off (I thought it was bolt-on the Mk1?), cut for the scuttle and rivet / bond / fill it all down.

electrics: no progress at all - currently planning on 3d printing some connectors for whatever lights I end up using, as unless I solder the lot anything crimped without additional support will irritate me immensely.

interior: TBD. initial plan is to run on the MX-5 interior. Possibly thinking on a full dash rip out and retro style dash job (I'll be using my wife's Herald as a guide on this one...). There are a few real nice refits being done which can have ideas taken from.... Also playing with the idea of a couple of spare bucket seats / harnesses I have left over from a previous car that may go in too.

Cheers...I'll probably have more to ask when I get back on it at the weekend!

Tom
Available from eBay